bought a faulty car advice please urgent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i bought a car on 30th of march from a dealers in leeds i went to view it, i tried my best to look as im no expert we noticed slight smoke from exhaust we asked him and he said it was due to the repairs he had done and it will wear off after a few days with it just passing its mot i believed him as i presumed that the mot means its road worthy,

after the 1st day i noticed the tyre tread on left wheel was completely worn down on one side and after 2 days the engine management light came on so i text the man and no reply i left it a few days and the problem was appearing now physically it was dragging and not picking up speed so i rang him this time and basically he said you bought the car its not my problem its yours im not doing anything for you or that car.

so i text him and told him what problems the car had and how when he sold me it it was not roadworthy and that i will report him to trading standards if he will not offer to repair or replace and he basically said see you in court mate.

so i had no choice i needed the car to run so i had to go to a different garage upon looking he noticed the front part of the exhaust was falling apart and on diagnostic it showed the coils needed replacing, i fixed the exhaust and left coils as not enough money to pay for it, after 3 days i returned for the coils replacing the mechanic had found he had fitted old reused cheap coils and old reused cheap spark plugs and the valve stem oil seals are failing, so basically ive bought a car that is useless as its only a vauxhalll astra 03 plate... the mechanic did what he could and flushed it out changed oil and coils etc but he said its only going to last 2 months max.

im devastated as a single mother id saved up 600 to buy my first car and i might as well of thrown it away and not only that had to spend 300 on top of that to fix.

what can i do?

i know i have rights but how hard is this to pursue and how much extra will it cost i dont want this person to get away with this.

any advice please is appreciated. :|

Trading standards for definite. You should have at least three months warranty from the dealer, I could be wrong but you should have come back. Or a big bloke. We done that for a female friend years ago and sat in the dealers office until he refunded the money. We were not threatening in any way or big and bad looking, just blokes doing a lady a favour. It worked, full refund a week or so after she bought the car.

how do i contact trading standards as i rang the number for citizen advice and they told me to send them a letter with copies of receipts and wait for a reply, but i know hes not going to reply he thinks its one big joke ive never heard any one like him before he just didnt care and basically laughing at me that its now my problem not his as he said.

and yes i thought about that i did say ill come tomorrow and then he was like your threatening me etc which i was not i was just stating ill come down and wait all day if i have to till he does something,

I didnt go as i did not want him trying to twist it that we were threatening him.

i just needed the car running asap