MMF Defaults now removed-what next ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I like many on here have discovered over the last 3 months that MMF have put 2 "8" entries on my CRA file, but yesterday I received the notice of assignment letters from them confirming that they now owned the debt etc.

So if they put the default entry on my CRA account months before they actually had the debt assigned to them does it make the "8" entry unlawful or is there some clever legal wording around this ?

They likely didnt. With PDL's the OC adds the default but doesnt report it. Then just as they sell it, they report it, but with the way CRA's update their systems, the new owner will appear instead. MMF cannot add any default. They can only update the one thats there and they must make sure it is a true record of the account.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So if they didn't actually own the rights to the debt, ie had it assigned, does that mean they shouldn't have registered the default without it as it wasn't their debt. It is clear on my record, because of the way they send out an alert, that the 8 was added when Mmf took it on.

Do I write to them or am I flogging a dead horse.?

The OC added the default. MMF updated it when the account was sold to them. Forget the NOA for now, as the default would still be correct as the OC placed it as an accurate record of the account. PDL's are normally lax with reporting things as they use it as leverage against you.

MMF are much more forceful and ignorant of rules and regulations.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 7 months later...

Just noted like other on here that MMF have removed the default entries on my account. Does that mean this should be happening with the other agencies like Aktiv Capitol etc ?

Anyone know what has caused this sudden change of heart ?