Subject Access Request Procedure

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people

I recently sent in a SAR to my previous Employer to see what information they held on me relating to an incident that happened at work.

The request was sent to their Privacy and Data Protection Team, but looking at the information they sent me there appeared to be missing information (emails).

Should the team deal with these requests covertly and not inform any parties that appear in the data held about me? Or is it procedure to inform any parties involved? They advised me that they need to inform parties to locate the information, but I suspect this information can be accessed through the Exchange Servers (email).

Thanks

Hi

If they have stored the emails then they should make them available to you however, if there is another persons name on the emails, they quite rightly should redact that info as that is not your personal data.

I would send them a failure to comply letter spelling out what they have (in your opinion) missed and see what they come back with.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE