Moving to Oz

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I’m in Australia & just wondering about the best way to update my address.

I did have my mail being redirected but it’s coming to an end now.

Just not sure what’s the best course of action as mail (few & far between) is being sent to my previous address in oz & don’t want yo take the chance of new tenant opening mail.

Thanks

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a UK based site, so can the post office over there give any ideas? Perhaps speak to the people who send the mail and inform them of your new address.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It’s the oz post office l have redirected my mail from but still getting debt letters from Uk. I don’t know the current tenants. I’m aware it’s uk site l previously lived in uk but have relocated to oz.

perhaps contact the UK post office and ask them to block any mail to that address from here. Especially if you know the sender.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

You can ask. Do you know whose sending the mail? Because the best way to solve it is to inform them that youre no longer resident at that address.

Merged with your existing thread whereby this question has already been answered ...please re read your thread

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx hadn’t realised l had asked the question & couldn’t find existing thread.

I’ve re read, thread.

Looks like lm best ignoring & not doing update on address just makes me nervous

well nowt has happened in almost 4 yrs

doubt it ever will nor objectively ever would have done.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx hadn’t realised l had asked the question & couldn’t find existing thread.

I’ve re read, thread.

Looks like lm best ignoring & not doing update on address just makes me nervous

Have you thought about completing the Experian or other UK credit reference agency forms, to get hold of your current UK record. And you can ask Experian or other Credit reference agencies to place a note on your file. E.g No longer UK resident, resident at x Australian address. Ask Experian about process.

If you did this, then as all Debt Collection agencies should regularly check your credit records, they should have no excuse not to know you are absent from the UK and have your correct address to write to.

Or stop worrying about others knowing you have debts, because letters are going to old addresses. Most people will just throw the letters in their dustbin or return to sender. They will see that it does not relate to them and not be bothered. People moving to an address are used to receiving old occupiers letters for several years after they have moved in.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

still wont stop them sending letters to old addresses.

waste of time

and they

• 9 months later...

lve asked for advice before & you’ve all been very helpful,

lm currently Scottish living in oz with no intention of returning to Scotland other than for a visit.

When l emigrated in 2015 I left some debt behind l paid it for 6 months then couldn’t afford it. 

I’ve informed creditors of emigration with address although l moved & didn’t update address (asked here & advised it was best just to get on with life).

Tonight lve received an email from PRA group who have bought MBNA debt offering a discount.

Should l engage (Probably can’t afford what they’re asking) or ignore email.

I’m worried they might start harassing me.

Thanks for reading 

k

simply inform them of your correct address 

nothing they can do to you.

might be an idea to do that with all the other UK debts too?

and they

threads merged yet again.....

and they

doesn't bother me

but it makes a mockery of other peoples advice that they spent time giving to you

only for you to repeatedly keep starting new threads on an already discussed to death subject.

we are now at 120 posts over spanning almost 5 yrs.

post 2 outlined the correct thing to p'haps do.

all posts since have simply been …….

and they

The point of advising up to date foreign address, is they know where you can be contacted and you are absent from UK. So may avoid CCJ being obtained using old UK address.

Plans change. You may have to return to UK. So safety first is a good option. 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

As long as the company chasing the debts knows you reside in Australia, no need to worry.

If a new DCA starts contacting you, advise them of current Aussie address. Reason is debts get sold on, without providing previous information, such as debtor moved abroad.

just to add l’ve contacted Experian to enquire re putting a note on my file. I did contact them last time round but had no answer ( l will persist this time round). Might be worth while taking up the free trial in order to update details.

Thanks for advice uncle l do appreciate it 😊