Sky updated T+Cs 1st July 2015

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Changes to your payment terms and conditions.

We've added the following new clause to the Subscription Payments clause in each of your tv, Sky+ and HD terms and conditions to make clear what happens if you miss a payment you owe to us, including for any sky service, we may charge you a reasonable fee, or interest at the yearly equivalent of 4% over Barclays Bank PLCs base rat for the whole period of any late payment, to compensate us for you breaking these conditions. Any interest is workd out daily.

We may also charge you a reasonable fee for handling any payment instruction that is cancelled, returned to us because you do not have enough funds in your account, or is not cleared by your bank. Details of these fees can be found on Sky.com/latepaymentfee.

These fees will not be applied to any amount you have not paid because it is the subject of an ongoing dispute between us.

You will be responsible for paying all reasonable debt recovery fees/charges incurred in recovering your debt, including fees charged by any debt collection company. This charge comes into effect on 1st July.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I see a few things in these T+Cs I do not personally like.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

You will be responsible for paying all reasonable debt recovery fees/charges incurred in recovering your debt, including fees charged by any debt collectionicon company. This charge comes into effect on 1st July.

Even if its our error:madgrin:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Can they claim the interest on the debt?

Can they endorse any fee a debt collector puts on the account?

well there are no detais on the fees on their website that they refer to in the post literature.

"

Late Payment Fee

We’re making a change to your Sky TV, HD and/or Multiscreen Terms & Conditions to make clear what happens if you miss a payment you owe us or are late in paying. We always ask you to pay your bill by your payment due date. If you don’t, we may charge a late payment fee and your Sky services could be restricted. VAT will not be applied to this fee.

There are other occasions when we may charge you an additional fee, including when we have to handle a payment instruction that is cancelled or returned to us because you don’t have enough money in your account, or it is not cleared by your bank. We may also charge you for the costs we incur that are related to recovering debt on your account. However, any late payment fee you incur will be shown on your next bill and we will not charge any fees, restrict your service or instruct a debt collection company without contacting you first.

This change comes into effect on 1 July 2015, so please check back soon for more details"

Can they claim the interest on the debt?

Can they endorse any fee a debt collector puts on the account?

well there are no details on the fees on their website that they refer to in the post literature.

Only if it forms part of a signed agreement and is considered fair and acceptable by the UTCCR 1999 FCA etc.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

=]