Unbelievable!

Beardedlaydee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took my car for an MOT a few weeks ago to a local garage in Brighton, they did the MOt and came back with 12 different items which were a problem (one of which was a deteriorated suspension seal), telling me that this work would cost £300 to do. I left it a week or so and took it to another local garage, he told me that he couldn't quote me because the mot failure sheet was so vague but reckoned he could save me some money. So last week I went away to Durham, got a call on the friday telling me that he'd done the work and it would cost me £130! On top of that, this suspension seal they mentioned was apparently fine nothing wrong with it at all. I had thought that these guys were quite trustworthy after having used them for a while. But I guess it just goes to show that garages will quite happily rip you off given half the chance. No matter how much they "value customer service" HA!

Nationwide:

Total claim (including interest) 951.78

Settled in full: 20/04/2006

Halifax:

Total Claim (including interest) 1635.21

Halifax Settled!!! 12/05/2006

First Direct

Total Claim (including Interest) £2451.05

SETTLED IN FULL!!

Nationwide (Round 2)

Total claim £450 (Taken after account closure)

Prelim Letter Sent 17th Feb 07

Halifax (Round 2)

Total Claim £1227 including interest

Settled in full 20th June 2007!!

I didn't know anything about cars so had to do a car maitenence course.One of the valuble things I learnt was how nail varnish can save you money lol .If a garage says blah blah needs changing if you dab a drop of nail varnish out of site on that part then you can see right away if it did get changed .Some cowboys can't be bothered even swopping the undamaged part.This works when it's getting its maintenence to.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

There are many people who now use their local Council's MOT testing stations.

These do not carry out any repairs, so it might be considered to be a little more impartial then a garage who could conveniently rectify your problems for you.

See THIS article for more details.....

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

A few years ago, a garage was offering 1/2 price MOT obviously to attract more business. They failed my car on emissions. I took car away, got it fixed, took the car back for re-testing, they wanted me to pay again. I pointed out that this was one of the free re-tests bits of the MOT, which had nothing to do with their promo, and that they were obliged to re-test free... They were not happy, but did it, and the car passed no problems. I've always wondered...:rolleyes:

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Nationwide:

Total claim (including interest) 951.78

Settled in full: 20/04/2006

Halifax:

Total Claim (including interest) 1635.21

Halifax Settled!!! 12/05/2006

First Direct

Total Claim (including Interest) £2451.05

SETTLED IN FULL!!

Nationwide (Round 2)

Total claim £450 (Taken after account closure)

Halifax (Round 2)

Total Claim £1227 including interest

Settled in full 20th June 2007!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks