MKDP and statute barred Nationwide account

fluteboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have noticed for the last few months,

one debt appears twice on my credit report,

with two companies - Nationwide and MKDP

- both applying monthly defaults.

A screenshot is attached.

I am guessing that Nationwide sold the debt onto MKDP.

However, if MKDP are listing a default date of 8 January 2009 (when it was sold on?),

why would Nationwide then state a default date of 3 August 2009?

Furthermore, if the debt is indeed owned by MKDP, then why does Nationwide continue to apply monthly defaults?

Also, having read another thread on here regarding MKDP,

is it likely that as of January 2009,

MKDP did not actually hold a Consumer Credit Licence?

as long as the original creditors defaulted date in the summary line

has not been changed by MKDP

then there is no further damage being done.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 9 months later...

Earlier this year I was contacted by MKDP regarding an old Nationwide Flexaccount that fell into disuse in December 2007. There has been no contact or acknowledgement of the account since then.

When MKDP sent me their letter, I sent the very same letter back to them with the following printed over it in red lettering:

STATUTE BARRED. NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF PAYMENT SINCE DECEMBER 2007. ENFORCEMENT NOT POSSIBLE.

Today, they have written to me with the following:

Please accept this letter as a Final Response to your concerns.

Following a review of the account, I can verify that a payment was made to the account on the 25th August 2009 for the amount of £XX.XX.

You are therefore liable for the outstanding balance stated above as the debt was acknowledged within the last six years.

I know for a fact that there has been no payment in respect of the account since 2007, so clearly these monkeys are trying their luck with this alleged debt of £4673 (as opposed to the original debt of £1224). I have written back to them with this:

Due to the lies contained in your letter, I cannot accept it as a Final Response to my concerns.

Your letter states that a payment of £XX.XX was made on 25 August 2009. It is my belief that this is incorrect, and that the account remains Statute Barred.

You have supplied NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER in support of your claim. In the absence of sufficient evidence, I am at liberty to assume that you are nothing more than a bunch of liars and thieves.

If you truly believe that such a payment was made, then the onus is on you to prove that such payment was made. You will need to provide evidence of said payment. You will need to demonstrate where and how said payment was made. Simply claiming in your letter that said payment was made, is just not enough.

In the absence of any evidence, I am perfectly entitled to maintain that this account remains Statute Barred, as no payment or acknowledgement was made in six years. Again, if you disagree, then you will need to demonstrate.

A report has being prepared and shall be sent to the relevant statutory body. You are therefore advised to watch what you say in your letters, as any careless claims by yourself shall be used in evidence against you. I will also not hesitate in bringing a claim against you, should I see fit to do so.

Question is, what grounds would I have for bringing a claim against these lying parasites? I know they are all mouth and no trousers, but their gall is properly upsetting and even stress-inducing. They should not be allowed to get away with this, and I really do need to hammer this home to them.

why keep up pointless letter tennis

if you look around

its always august 2009 these phantom payment are supposedly made.

your mistake was replying in the first place

that's the idea of all these DCA letters.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...