style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, first-time poster.

Firstly I was caught shoplifting at Tesco,

unsure why I did it and I’m embarrassed.

They have the goods and I was issued a £90 fine from the police at the time to which I have paid.

Ive received about 6 letters from Jackie and RLP each time asking for money,

filled with nonsensical legal jargon to which I have ignored.

This has now been passed onto BPO who are apparently a debt agency (letter attached)

who are requesting payment within 7 days.

Ive read about people not sending a letter and people sending one to get these off my back,

I just want to know the best course of action now as i do not want people turning up at my door etc.

many thanks

Hi and welcome to CAG.

You were dealt correctly by the police and paid the penalty. That should be enough. However, RLP live on another planet where you can be penalised twice for the same offence. You have done well ignoring RLP and what you have now received is a letter from this poxy DCA who are paid by result so they won't be doing too much as they know they won't get paid. They certainly won't turn up on your doorstep.

Just carry on ignoring them and it will end quite soon.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Yep. Youll get 2, MAYBE 3 letters from BPO who claim they can do anything, when they cant actually do sod all. Then youll never hear from either company again.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

BTW, I have seen this letter many times before and they state quite wrongly that they understand the 'liability' (notice how they don't say debt) is not disputed.

Erm! If it wasn't disputed then why are the DCA chasing it? If it wasn't disputed, you would have paid up. Muppets :-)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I would actually report the DCA and send the FCA a copy of that letter.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D