style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is rumoured that Shergroup Limited, director/owner Claire Louise Sandbrook, was the subject of a winding up order heard (ironically) last Friday(13th) March. Does anyonr know the details?

Champagne on ice but I've not yet popped the cork !!!!

Big companies like bailiff firms get these all the time. Its nothing new. They often go to hearing for cost awards etc. Often its someone the claims to have been wronged by a bailiff and thinks threatening bankruptcy will get them their money. Doesn't work and costs are huge.

There could be a whole host of other scenarios though.

It is rumored that Shergroup Limited, director/owner Claire Louise Sandbrook, was the subject of a winding up order heard (ironically) last Friday(13th) March. Does anyone know the details?

Champagne on ice but I've not yet popped the cork !!!!

WD

The 'rumor mill' was buzzing last week about a Winding Up petition against Shergroup Ltd. The news appears to be correct (at least according to copies of reports that were sent to me during last week).

From the info it would seem that a hearing was taking place on 13th March at the Queens Bench Division of the High Court.

PS: As to the outcome....not known. I would assume like most winding up petitions that a 'stay' would have been given to allow all parties an opportunity to settle.

Has the Bridlington Chip Shop caught up with them, or did http://lexisweb.co.uk/cases/2010/may/huntress-search-ltd-v-canapeum-ltd-and-another help?

Claire Sandbrook is in the USA according to her Linkedin profile. Wonder what is going on?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Quite so but you may be surprised that she has her name on many recent writs of control here in the UK. Very odd indeed.

If she is being passed Writs of Control, and she is farming them out, she should at least be in the Legal Jurisdiction of such writs as in be in the UK, otherwise it could be alleged she is not giving due diligence to the task in hand, and cannot effectively monitor the execution of the Writs.

I would be very dubious of handing the wannabee US Enforcement Magnate anything, especially after the DSI foods debacle.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

If she is being passed Writs of Control, and she is farming them out, she should at least be in the Legal Jurisdiction of such writs as in be in the UK, otherwise it could be alleged she is not giving due diligence to the task in hand, and cannot effectively monitor the execution of the Writs.

I would be very dubious of handing the wannabee US Enforcement Magnate anything, especially after the DSI foods debacle.

Excellent post.

We'll have Dog running the show before too long possibly.

+

Perhaps Claire wants a joint venture with Dog, to import his methods to the UK, forgetting that Dog's antics would get him locked up this side of the pond.

I believe this to be more important than ever before. Previously if anything went t**s up there was at least 1 other Authorised HCEO to call upon but I note even he has now jumped ship, Therefore how does the remaining Authorised HCEO maintain her stance if "incommunicado" for 12 hours or more when travelling across the Atlantic - flight time + airport time - on top of which there is the obvious time difference. Questions the HCEOA & MOJ need to have answers for.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Under the new regulations any previous legal cases that relied upon the old 'Distress for Rent Rules 1988' are now revoked. What this means in practice is that a debtor cannot rely upon that case when bringing future proceedings.

In a similar way, the well known case of Thornton v Rossendales that dealt with the matter of the silly Notice of Removal of Implied Right of Access could well be affected. Nonetheless, this cannot in itself mean that the courts will not make the same or similar findings in future cases.

There can be little doubt that if a future legal case is instigated by debtors along the same lines as Mr Thornton then most (if not all) enforcement companies will defend the proceedings using the same grounds as those outlined by Rossendales in Thornton v Rossendales and and will rely upon the Schedule 12 procedure to enforce payment and in particular Regulation 66 (of Schedule) that the enforcement agent, or a person he is acting for, will not be considered a trespasser.

PS: A recent case was heard at Harrow County Court and the defence relied upon an old legal case that centered on the Distress for Rent Rules 1988) and in fact, the judge at Harrow made the identical finding as previously made in the now repealed case.

I believe this to be more important than ever before. Previously if anything went t**s up there was at least 1 other Authorised HCEO to call upon but I note even he has now jumped ship, Therefore how does the remaining Authorised HCEO maintain her stance if "incommunicado" for 12 hours or more when travelling across the Atlantic - flight time + airport time - on top of which there is the obvious time difference. Questions the HCEOA & MOJ need to have answers for.

She is on a tightrope over the canyon with a strong crosswind on the way. She cannot effectively monitor or control her subbies, and MOJ should be made aware of the potential issues especially if one of the subbies goes in hard, and forces entry to a domestic premises.

• 1 year later...
She is on a tightrope over the canyon with a strong crosswind on the way. She cannot effectively monitor or control her subbies, and MOJ should be made aware of the potential issues especially if one of the subbies goes in hard, and forces entry to a domestic premises.

From looking at Companies House, it seems that Shergroup's accounts are overdue again and that there is a proposal to strike off. Surely, this can not be good practice for a business charged with enforcing High Court writs and holding clients money?

From looking at Companies House, it seems that Shergroup's accounts are overdue again and that there is a proposal to strike off. Surely, this can not be good practice for a business charged with enforcing High Court writs and holding clients money?

If this was the first time that this has happened it could be excused, but it is not. It's the second time.

Sherfarce and Claire Sandbrook are like the Arthur Daley of the enforcement world, a little dodgy maybe.

Most in the industry are surprised they still exist and that she hasn't been struck off.

Think you might find that part of this is to with the success of The Sheriffs Are Coming which is why she bought into DCBL hoping for similar. It's someone who craves attention.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm told she didn't 'buy' into DCBL, and she's not a shareholder or Director, she just gets a few quid for letting them do pretty much anything they want using her HCEO authority whilst she lives in the USA.

The demise of Shergroup has been happening for years for a variety of reasons. Now they only have a couple of staff left as two key staff recently left and joined Court Enforcement Services.

It's a shame that someone who claims to be prominent in enforcement industry is happy for it to be tarnished so much. I just wish the MoJ would do what is required.

The demise of Shergroup has been happening for years for a variety of reasons. Now they only have a couple of staff left as two key staff recently left and joined Court Enforcement Services.

It's a shame that someone who claims to be prominent in enforcement industry is happy for it to be tarnished so much. I just wish the MoJ would do what is required.

I can well remember a meeting at DVLA a few years ago. A previous Director of Sherforce was in attendance ( I jokingly refer to him as 'the ST') and I raised concerns about Shercar. At that time they had published 'dormant accounts'.

I quite agree, this latest news is tarnishing the High Court industry.

I'm told she didn't 'buy' into DCBL, and she's not a shareholder or Director, she just gets a few quid for letting them do pretty much anything they want using her HCEO authority whilst she lives in the USA.

Do they have another HCEO?

If not, they need to amend their website since it states"The Board of Directors at DCBL which includes an authorised High Court Enforcement Officer"

Striking her off is long overdue.