Cabot letter RE HSBC Loan

brokentechie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have read all the threads in their entirety that mention Cabot and Ruthbridge - one thread comes close to my situation, however is still different enough that it has done nothing to alleviate the anxiety I am feeling. So yes I have "tried the self help" route before I asked for this thread to be reopened to allow me to post to try and quell my disquiet. Just because I don't post on other threads does not mean I have been lazy or wanted spoon feeding. 

As for your other comment about "mental health issues not being an excuse not to help yourself" you clearly have little to no idea how debilitating it can be to be trapped inside your own mind and how far a little compassion and reassurance can go to help which I exactly why I posted here. Do you know what I've learnt? I know I was stupid getting in debt in the first place and I've held my hands up, and along the way learnt from other threads that likely Cabot and Ruthbridge are two arms of the same company, and Cabot tend to pass the buck on Lemon debts to them so yes the balance of probability is such that I'm likely ok, and all I wanted from my post was a little advice and reassurance. Why?

This debt came about because my partner at the time in 2009/10 died from complications arising from being pregnant and contracting swine flu leaving me with a 10 month old to look after and a job that I couldn't keep and bring up a child concurrently, so please excuse me if the current epidemic coinciding with my wife falling pregnant has already got me in a "hyper-vigilant" state with stress levels through the roof worrying that I may well be left with 2 kids and a massive mortgage that threats from a DCA, even if completely impotent and unable to be acted on, are compounding massively.

I'm not after bleeding heart sympathy but you've leapt to more than a few conclusions about me and my activity on her and pegged me incorrectly as "can't be chewed on to help himself"

You've not told me anything I didn't already know about DCA legal powers, you jumped to the conclusion that I was reading elsewhere about my worry that a letter to the DCA could reset the SB clock due to "acknowledging the debt" which in the strictest sense a CCA request does (I was not aware that it hasn't been challenged by a DCA in court until I read a post by you on another thread that states you hadn't seen it done - does not mean it can't be tried though does it?) and made a big leap that I've just come here and reopened my thread without bothering to even attempt some self help. Do you know many veterans? Of all the people in the country, vets are the ones who are most likely to try and help themselves first and foremost without actually bothering others for their time and knowledge if I'm honest. Oh and they're also likely the most capable in standing up for themselves too - mental health issues and illnesses included.

a cca is a legal request BT , it can't ever reset anything.

it's seriously a lot better to take things out on us than worry needlessly about these fleecers.

its what we are here for and one of the tools i use here quite often is my last few posts.

might seem unfair to some, but I too live with someone not a million miles removed from your history, but they are lucky to have people live with them...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

we grind them down not you.

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Honestly, this is the last of your worries, real back of mind stuff. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread