Scottish power end of deal hassle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening All,

Does anyone know how the energy companies are supposed to inform you your tariff/deal is coming to an end??

Mine (Scottish Power) came to an end October 31st 2014 but i didn't receive any letter/email 42-49 day prior to this date informing me it was ending.

I received (via SP online portal) an annual statement on 4th November and included in this was one line stating 'you may want to think about changing'

Then on the 2nd December i received an email (again via the Scottish Power portal) that my tariff had changed!!

I know its March now but i didn't read the Statements at the time but if there had been an email telling me that my tariff was ending then i would have changed straight away!

I'm now stuck on Standard online tariff paying through the nose and because i didn't notice until now

and i'm in debt as i haven't paid enough on my direct debit each month so if i want to change then i've got to pay up £200!!

I phoned SP and got fobbed off by telling me a load of bull which was total lies,

so much so that the woman i spoke to hung up on me as she knew she was lying!! unbelievable!!!

I'm not aware they or anyone has to tell you deal/rate has ended.?

bit like bt etc it just rolls

crafty really too

I got caught by BT

but I got it back

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx

Yeah according to ofgem they have to notify you 42-49 days before the end of the tariff,

the woman i spoke to got really aggressive with me when i asked her to provide me with the letter notifying me the deal was ending, she couldn't find it!!

I'm expecting a call back from them tomorrow!

ok should be able to nail them then.

I forget how I did mine.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...