blinds order and wrong advice from seller

LTKY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in a strange situation with an online retailer for blinds.

I called their company at first to confirm they were supplying a specific brand of blinds, which they confirmed.

I then asked them for an option to stain the edges of the blinds that was not shown on their website

(I knew it was available from the factory supplying them).

They confirmed the extra option was available but I had to amend my order by phone after placing the order.

They sounded very decent over the phone and have a load of positive reviews on Trustpilot.

Based on their advice, I placed my order on Sunday evening and received a confirmation email with estimated delivery 4~5 days later.

The next working day -Monday- I called their office to confirm I wanted to add the extra option.

They advised me to send an email with the request (to put in writing) and so I did.

The next day I received a reply to call their office back to make payment via the phone for the additional requirement.

Due to work obligations it had to wait for the morning after, although it was clearly acknowledged.

When I rang them to arrange the extra payment, they said the blinds were out for delivery to my place.

I told them this was clearly not the arrangement we had and they agreed it was a cock up on their end but I have to write to their management.

One would assume that as soon as an arrangement is in progress for additional work to the product,

the order would be put on hold until this was completed.

Well it appears there is a complete lack of communication within their organisation.

I was planning on rejecting delivery as a first step, but the situation became even more complicated as they delivered to a neighbour!

As a result the boxes ended up at my place but without my signature of accepting them.

I am now left with a product that is wrong,

a semi-writen /verbal arrangement and potentially the seller refusing all of this

and supporting they delivered as ordered.

All this based on their own stupid advice.

They have however replied to my email,

which suggests that communications have taken place over the phone and advising me to call for payment of the extra option.

This email is built over the very invoice itself, which I see as a collective contract. Or not?

It is a mess and this leaves me with a lot of hustle writing letters and/or having to return the product.

It is also important to add that the blinds cannot be "fixed",

this is a process carried out at painting stage and they may have to re-order a new set.

Ok, just to focus on one aspect of this issue,

The advice provided was wrong, the timing and communication about the order is tje seller's fault and I have received something that I did not want.

This is nothing to do with wrong measurements and as they simply have not delivered the asking product I want to reject and return, insisting it is their fault.

The seller has received am email and signed post, to which he did not respond. I want to send the product back and get my money back, even if there is a small cost for delivering back. What are my options please?