Bensons For Bed: Cancel Order?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Finally managed to save some money towards a bed, after sleeping in the same bed/mattress for the past 13 years.

Went to Bensons For Beds and seen a bed I liked 8 days ago. It was actually the 2nd cheapest in the shop but still cost £400 for a double bed. I am a rather big guy so I do need a double size (in all honesty, I didn't realize how much beds were nowadays)

The woman asked me how much I wanted to pay today (at the time) and I just shrugged my shoulders and said "£100?" She ok and took the £100 from me. She told me that, my bed will be delivered after 12 days and that I must pay the remaining £300 within the next 5 days. However, I had an unexpected bill (not quite £300 but, it meant not having £300 at the weekend) and called them the other day and they said ok, just pay us on Monday "which is today"

The thing is, I am back to having £300 savings again today. However, got a call from a family member just last night asking me if I want a bed as they are moving abroad and had just bought a bed not that long ago for guests. What is the chances of that?!!!! They said I can have it or they will be giving it to the charity shop.

Just been reading the terms and conditions and it said that, after purchase, I had 1 day to cancel my order and if done after that time, they will refund me, minus 20% of the price

Where do I stand here? Because I have only paid a deposit, can I get my deposit back? Or will they keep £80 as that is 20% of £400 bed. The £300 I have saved up, plus the £100 deposit I paid, really could go towards helping repairs in my house, as my house is in such a mess.

Thanks

It depends on whetehr it is a stock item or produced to order. they undoubtedly dont stock loads of each bed and just order them from the manufacturers so in reality it is just a "frustrated contract" and you are entitled to your money back They probably wont see it like that so look at the unwinding of contracts under the unfair trading terms regs.