Dept recovery

cg14444
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,i am going through a divorce and whilst i was married we had a joint account with Nationwide,which all our bills where paid from.Whilst going through the divorce and ending up at the High Court to thrash out a financial agreement,it was agreed that we both pay off our half of arrears on the joint account, (which to my knowledge ive no idea how this happened, as there was sufficient money to cover the bills).that was in December 2013.I then set up a payment plan with Nationwide to pay for MY HALF of the arrears,which i fully paid.it wasn't until May 2014 that i received a phone call from Nationwide saying there is still £470 odd still owing,i was amazed at this as i paid my half off.Since May 2014 i have received phone calls from Nationwide asking me to pay off the remaining amount,i have tried on each phone call to explain that an agreement was made in the High Court of December 2013 that this money would be paid and also stated that ive paid my half,to which they said they do NOT take this into account, they just want their money.I was also told by one of them that if my ex wife didn't pay her half then her half would be written off,which i was disgusted by.The latest is that i am now getting phone calls from 01614257485 and texts from a company called FREDRICKSON INTERNATIONAL.Now not just dealing with the stress of a bad divorce, i am also very stressed with this too.Can anyone help ?

First thing to do is to STOP talking to these clowns over the phone.

You need to keep everything in writing only.

The reason why they're contacting you is that they know where you are, and they know they can pressure you

into paying, so stay OFF that phone.

As for Freds, a simple one line stating that on dd/mm/yyyy in such & such high court judge whoever ordered both parties to pay 50/50 of the outstanding balance on the account, you have upheld your part of the court order, no further correspondence will be entered into.

Freds usually farm it out to their tame Solicitor 'Bryan Carter' who is very weasily put back in his box as soon as you defend anything his speak and spell spits out.

Start the complaints process with Nationwide, the high court might be interested in the banks continued ignorance of the law and court orders.

IMO you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

If they ring, laugh and hang up.

01614257485 That is Freds, ( Just rang them and the girl hung up on me?? Must be having a bad day?) keep a log of all their harassment calls, and send the fools this if you are unable to block their calls.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387367-Harassment-by-Telephone-**Update-21st-April-2014**

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!