style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guys, a family member has a problem with an adult child taking out credit in the family home where she no longer resides and hasn't done so for some months.

I advised them to go to a solicitor and 'do a swear' to get some official documents to give to bailiffs, debt collectors etc should they get doorstepped. They went to two solicitors in the local high street who both said that they would need to be given the wording for the swear rather than write it for them.

I think it just needs to say something like 'this is a declaration that xxx xxx does not reside at this address' or this is a declaration that xxx xxx has not lived at this address since October 2014'

Any ideas on what the swear needs to say please?

Just do a stat dec at a court or a local solicitors. it costs no more than a tenner usually and they know how to word it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Something along these lines should do:

STATUTORY DECLARATION

To Whom it May Concern

I (your name)

of (your address)

Do solemnly and sincerely declare that:

xxx xxx does not reside at this address and has not lived at this address since October 2014.

All items to be found at (your address) have always been my sole property are not the property of xxx xxx

And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835 and Section 5 of The Perjury Act 1911.

Signature:

Declared at

On the day of two thousand and

Before me

A Commissioner for Oaths, or Notary Public/Justice of the Peace/Solicitor having the powers conferred on a Commissioner for Oaths

Just do a stat dec at a court or a local solicitors. it costs no more than a tenner usually and they know how to word it.

Appreciate the reply but that's what they tried and they were told that they need to provide the wording themselves. I didn't know it could be done at a court though, which is best, court or solicitors?