JSA and claim reset time?

Jmulv
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, not sure if anyone has any answers to this but I'd try ask anyway.

I started some part some work 3-4 months ago, it was only meant to be a Christmas contract but I jumped at the chance. Just felt so much better to finally find something to do and it's because they were short staffed and really needed a van driver so they instantly offered me the job.

Now my position apparently could end at any time they told me or they may keep me on it depends on the workload. It was only meant to last for a short period but they've kept me on longer already so I'll have to see.

So it looks like I could end up back on JSA again unless something else crops up (which could be likely as I did relocate to try find more work).

Basically I was wondering how long does it take for your claim to "Reset"? I was on post work programme support I think and would rather avoid it at all costs (obviously if my job ends no choice). If my claim resets at least I'll then again have a few months to find part time work again before being sent back to something.

Does anyone have any info about this? I recall my advisor saying 3 months to me long ago but I can't be sure.

Many thanks

It used to be thirteen weeks between claims to "reset the clock", but I don't know if this has changed in recent months.

Now that you are working, even if it is only a temporary position, you will find it much easier to secure another job if you start the search now.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

You can make a ‘rapid reclaim’ if you’ve had JSA in the last 26 weeks.

This link tells you what DWP says about it:

https://www.gov.uk/jobseekers-allowance/how-to-claim

This link goes into greater detail:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/189931/response/467020/attach/7/FOI%205895%20GBW%20Guidance%20Rapid%20Reclaim.pdf

It is more than likely that you will be put onto one of the Help to Work Schemes that has now replaced the Post Work Programme Support Schemes.

It is also more than likely that you will need to agree a new Jobseeker's Agreement.

You can make a ‘rapid reclaim’ if you’ve had JSA in the last 26 weeks.

Thanks for that - The DWP have indeed increased the time for linking claims, probably so that they can (inflict) help via schemes such as the Work Programme on those caught in the revolving door of temporary jobs.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Also bear in mind that UC is rolling out this year and things will be changing from now on have a looks here for more details

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?441364-Universal-Credit-national-expansion-–-Tranche-two&p=4693215#post4693215

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

It used to be thirteen weeks between claims to "reset the clock", but I don't know if this has changed in recent months.

Now that you are working, even if it is only a temporary position, you will find it much easier to secure another job if you start the search now.

Did the rapid reclaim window only used to last 13 weeks?

Yeah i'm looking around now, obviously there is no definite answer I will lose my job but it's just a possibility I have to think about.

Thanks for that - The DWP have indeed increased the time for linking claims, probably so that they can (inflict) help via schemes such as the Work Programme on those caught in the revolving door of temporary jobs.

Indeed. Like me because I've had a few different temp positions over time.