letter from jcp after being put in support group

hatsanman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just when I thought I could have some peace from jcp I get a letter inviting me for an interview with them. on opening the letter it gives you my name etc and then go,s on to say, about your esa allowance claim, in order for us to check the information about your esa claim is correct and that your circumstances havnt changed an appointment has been made for you at this office at 10am on the 19.2.15. please bring the following for you and your partner, driving licence, passport, photo id. also at least 3 months bank statements from all bank accounts plus tenancy agreement any property owned. please bear in mind I was granted esa on the 29th jan 2015 and am in the support group. when I called jcp they said it was a standard interview after being granted esa which is happening to everyone. when I explained well im in the support group the woman I soke to said it dosnt matter as its happening to everyone placed on esa. has anyone else had this happen after being placed on esa as like me ive been granted it for 3 years. many thanks in advance.

Wisejak has it - it's a Compliance interview. Anyone on any benefit can be called for one of these interviews, and as stated it is to "check that you are receiving the correct benefits" (or perhaps "check that you are not receiving the wrong benefits") so you will need to participate. It is not related to your being placed in the Support Group and doesn't mean you will be called for another medical.

If the date and time are not convenient you can ask for it to be rearranged. If your condition makes attendance at the office difficult you can ask if they would consider a home visit. In either case you can take a trusted friend or family member with you should you wish.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

thanks to all who replied and yes wisejak is right as jcp called me to say that's exactly what its for then went on to say if I don't want to go I don't have to. talk about creating a job for some-one at jcp. thanks again everyone at least now I can enjoy my evening/ weekend and hope all of you have a great weekend also.

Wisejak has it - it's a Compliance interview. Anyone on any benefit can be called for one of these interviews, and as stated it is to "check that you are receiving the correct benefits" (or perhaps "check that you are not receiving the wrong benefits") so you will need to participate. It is not related to your being placed in the Support Group and doesn't mean you will be called for another medical.

If the date and time are not convenient you can ask for it to be rearranged. If your condition makes attendance at the office difficult you can ask if they would consider a home visit. In either case you can take a trusted friend or family member with you should you wish.

And do they call you randomly?

And do they call you randomly?

I've never been 100% sure. In some cases, the Compliance Department will check out cases where someone has made a fraud report but where the Fraud people aren't really taking said report seriously - they have to look into everything even when they don't think there's anything to be concerned about. Other interviews seem random, but I wouldn't swear that they actually are. If there's some other selection process at work I don't know what it is.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I've never been 100% sure. In some cases, the Compliance Department will check out cases where someone has made a fraud report but where the Fraud people aren't really taking said report seriously - they have to look into everything even when they don't think there's anything to be concerned about. Other interviews seem random, but I wouldn't swear that they actually are. If there's some other selection process at work I don't know what it is.

Thanks. :)