enforcement of CCA regulated debt by HCEOs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What will happen if HCEO's get to be able to enforce debts under the CCA 1974 how much will that affect the debtors, what are the pitfalls of this if it happens? ..................

Full story here has anyone else seen this yet?

http://thesheriffsoffice.com/articles/why-2015-could-see-the-enforcement-of-cca-regulated-debt-by-hceos

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Mayhem, the current £600 threshold is too low and should be at least 10K imho

What next HCEO collecting Council Tax arrears?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Wasnt it £600 back when the law was changed? 600 back then would have been a lot. Now its pretty much pocket change and does need to substantially increase.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Maybe this is the new beginning for grabbing CCA regulated debts and could see a massive rise in fees and debtors seeking advice in relation to the HCEO's.

Also if this goes ahead there could be even more hardship cases for the HCEO/EA's to deal with? This could then be a start for even more cases being taken to Court then passed over to the EA for enforcement.

The scary thought here is what if the DCA's start to use this as a collection tool?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I have just had a crazy thought here....

What if the OC takes this route and keeps the debt in house and does not sell the debt to a DCA? What effect will this have in the debt purchasers could this see a small decline of DCA's? Or could this allow the DCA to issue against a debtor a lot earlier, so to get the debts they bought paid off quicker?

This is scary

I have just had a crazy thought here....

What if the OC takes this route and keeps the debt in house and does not sell the debt to a DCA? What effect will this have in the debt purchasers could this see a small decline of DCA's? Or could this allow the DCA to issue against a debtor a lot earlier, so to get the debts they bought paid off quicker?

This is scary

It might make the likes of Lowell Moorcarp, and Snotcall try court more. Taking on board renegadeimp's comment that it was £600 when it came in, perhaps it should be more than the £10 K I suggested, maybe £20K,

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

This could cause severe hardship for those already in serious arrears with regulated debts.

Not only that what about those extra fees for being over a certain limit. This is getting ridiculous now.....

Time to start studying now

This could cause severe hardship for those already in serious arrears with regulated debts.

Not only that what about those extra fees for being over a certain limit. This is getting ridiculous now.....

Time to start studying now

Certainly not good for the debtor.

Next series of TV following the Sheriffs sees their operatives in Paramilitary gear, call on someone who owed Snotcall 50 quid hit for £1,000 or so by the Sheriffs.

Yes we need to get researching, and lobbying.

Wonder how much cash the owners of these bailiffs companies are donating to the government... /tinfoil hat ;)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

What will happen if HCEO's get to be able to enforce debts under the CCA 1974 how much will that affect the debtors, what are the pitfalls of this if it happens? ..................

Full story here has anyone else seen this yet?

http://thesheriffsoffice.com/articles/why-2015-could-see-the-enforcement-of-cca-regulated-debt-by-hceos

High Court Enforcement Officers (as they were once called) have been 'lobbying' for this change for many years (but more so recently) and I can assure anyone reading this thread that the 'advice sector' is passionately against any move being taken to having CCA debts enforced by private companies.

The article by David Carter (Sheriffs Office) is well known and there have been quite a number of more recent articles written on this subject (one just a week or so ago). It is inevitable that lobbying will continue given that the level of judgments passing through the County Courts has dropped quite significantly over the past few years and this is not helped by HM Courts imposing higher court fees (another rise is imminent).

My personal opinion (and it is just that) is that there are too many companies chasing too few judgments.