Annoying Phone calls

zebedy1967
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Over the last few months i have been receiving these annoying phonecalls.

Some indian person calls me at home they dont even say hello but start with

im speaking to (Insert my name) and you live at (insert my address) your 47 years old.

As soon i ask them who they are they just hang up. It just seems weird to me that they would state my personel details and i find it rather intimidating. are they trying to get more information out of me to steal my identity or something like that ?

Im registered with TPS, is there anything else i can do to stop these ###kers from calling me

We don't suffer with this sort of call any longer. We bought some BT call blocking phones, (not expensive) and now receive no international calls nor a multitude of other call center numbers, when they ring you press the block button and that number can no longer get through.

The silence is deafening :)

We have the excellent BT8500,

This gives you complete control over who you want to get through, you can set up the telephone to block, announce or allow through all calls, withheld, international, unavailable etc.

A twin set is approx. £60 but well worth it, they are even cheaper if you look around online.

Stigman

Edited by Stigman
missed an s

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you