Link/IDR Claimform - Barclaycard 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would be grateful for advice.....

I ran up a c/c debt of around 9,700 from a card that I had originally on a 0% agreement (this was a balance transfer from another card).

The plan was to transfer this again when the interest kicked in.

Unfortunately when this time came I could not get another card to transfer the balance

(this was on affordability as my credit rating was excellent at this time).

I was making the minimum payments on this,

however b/card kept increasing the interest until I could no longer afford this.

I did contact b/card to advise of difficulty and an offer of £50.00.

They weren't interested and advise me to pay the minimum amount so I would not fall into arrears.

I then stupidly buried my head in the sand and stopped paying,

it just felt like I could never repay this as for each £200.00 I paid most went back on in interest.

It's eventually ended up with Link financial who I have ignored.

I got a letter on 12th December 2014 this was a 'letter of action' asking me to pay £10,789.24 in 14 days.

On 15th January I have received a claimform from IDR for £11704.25 (this is the balance owed with 8% interest) plus £410.00 court fees.

I don't have a defence for the debt,

I do claim responsibility,

however I am currently trying to get a lump sum together from friends/family to try and settle this.

I am worried about the effects of a CCJ on my employment,

although there is nothing in my contract to back this up I work under the 'financial' area of the business and own a company c/c.

I want to contact IDR to see if I can avoid this route and to get some time to try borrow money but do not want to do this via phone,

I can't find an email contact for them and do not have much time to send anything via post.

I know I have brought this on myself by not facing the facts sooner, but is there anything I can do to delay/stop/change proceedings?

I know I owe the money so don't want to dispute that,

I suppose I want to try resolve this without court action

- something I know I should have done a while ago!

I have spoken to stepchange who have done me a financial statement saying I have £70.00 surplus

as an offer to them should I end up accepting the CCJ .

Don't know what to do now.

Thanks in advance

Thread moved to the correct forum.Welcome to CAG Rainydays1975

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If you could take time to to read and complete the following ...posting your responses here..to enable the best advice on how to proceed...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-December-2014**

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Name of the Claimant : - IDR Finance UK II Limited

Date of issue:- 15 Jan 2015

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim?:

- The claimant claims the whole of the outstanding balance due

and payable under an agreement referenced XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

and opened effective from 18.08.2009.

The agreement is regulated by the consumer credit act 1974, was signed by the defendant

and from which credit was extended to the defendant,

The defendant failed to make payment as required and by 28/1/2014 a default was recorded.

As at 22.01.2014 the defendant owerd b.card a sum of £10,800.00.

By an agreement in writing the benefit of the debt has been legally assigned to the claimant effective 22.01.2014

(although this is still showing on my credit report as Link Financial not IDR)

and made regular upon the claimant serving serving a notice of assignment shortly thereafter.

And the claimant claims

1- £10.900.00

2. interest pursuant to section 69 county court act (1984)

at a rate of 8% per annum from 22.01.2014 to 14.01.2015 of 780.00

and thereafter at a daily rate of 230.00 to date of judgement or sooner payment. Date 14.01.2015.

What is the value of the claim?:- £12,115.00

Is the claim for a Current Account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account?:- Credit Card

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007?: After

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor

or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim Link/IDR

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? I am unsure, any paperwork has not been kept

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? As above

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ?:- Unsure, as above

Why did you cease payments?:- Could no longer afford, interest rates kept rising

What was the date of your last payment?:- 29.4.13

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? :- No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor

and make any attempt to enter into a plan :

- contact original creditor via email to advise difficulties and an offer of £50.00.

This wasn't really acknowledged, I just received a reply stating to make the minimum payment required.

I am still unsure what do to,

is there any possibility to avoid this CCJ?

Should I send back the admission form whilst still figuring out if I can get a lump sum to pay them??

Shall I still request the documents that you have suggested??

Many Thanks

" I am still unsure what do to, is there any possibility to avoid this CCJ? Should I send back the admission form whilst still figuring out if I can get a lump sum to pay them??"

Nooooo you will get an automatic default CCJ.

Andy

first port of call is to ack [AOS} the claim on MCOL website

defend all

leave juris unticked.

get a DDA request off to plink

CPR 31:14 off to IDR

you might have probs as this was taken out after 2007 so a recon will suffice for the CCA

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...