watch out postal scam in operation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just to let you know theres a postal [problem] in operation it goes like this a card is dropped though your letter box advising a parcel is waiting to be picked up from POSTAL DELIVERY SERVICES and gives out a 090 number DO NOT RING once connected its cost you 15.00 pounds just to let every body knowt

this is the second time I have seen this on the CAG this weekend. I think joncris put this on and that it was discussed and that the email circulating at the moment about it is a hoax.

just to let you know theres a postal [problem] in operation it goes like this a card is dropped though your letter box advising a parcel is waiting to be picked up from POSTAL DELIVERY SERVICES and gives out a 090 number DO NOT RING once connected its cost you 15.00 pounds just to let every body knowt

There are a number of variations on this, most are no longer doing this because of the large fines that can be imposed, and also most telecommunications operators now require people to opt IN to dial 090xx numbers, not opt out; But just to re-iterate, any number beginning 090 is premium, and any number beginning 00x is international. I've seen a [problem] where the number was 00208 (Egypt) in the hopes people would mistake it for 0208 (London).

The onus is on the dialler to make sure they know what they're dialling, and make sure it's a local number for the royal mail sorting office or a recognised parcel delivery company, all of whom can be found in your local phone book.

I don't think anything more needs to be said on this.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks