CRS refusal to stop calling me - old photoshoot loan - Certegy Ltd and RCM Ltd

Ftgab19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all again,

I got a letter from CRS about a debt on the 20/12/2014.

I've recently got a lot of phone calls to my parents house phone from them.

I said to them

"I request all further communication in writing" then hung up.

I am still getting calls from theses people, and they said

"I would need to send a letter to remove my number".

Could anyone direct me to a template maybe?

Many Thanks

Andrew

We live in a world where seeing is not believing, where only a few know what really happened.

NatWest Problem *****Refunded*****

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Set your phone to answerphone...screen the calls and ignore reply to any genuine calls...they hang up when they know they are being recorded.......bit of a nuisance but they will get fed up before you.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387367-Harassment-by-Telephone-(update-21.04.2014)

Alternatively, all the draft/template letters you require will be in the link above.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Tell them if they do not stop calling then you will take action for harassment with no further notice to them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

do you live with your parents?

If not then a complaint from them IN WRITING to both the company and the ICO (make sure they DCA's know that it is going further)

and read other posts here on DCa's and harassment as there are other bodies that can be contacted about this abuse.

If you live with your parents then a letter instructing to cease calling and only correspond by letter will be necessary, otherwise you might be getting texts.

do you live with your parents? If not then a complaint from them IN WRITING to both the company and the ICO (make sure they DCA's know that it is going further) and read other posts here on DCa's and harassment as there are other bodies that can be contacted about this abuse. If you live with your parents then a letter instructing to cease calling and only correspond by letter will be necessary, otherwise you might be getting texts.

OP said he will be sending the letter. That will do. If they don't comply a complaint to the ICO should follow.

OP - send the letter!

Hi all again,

I got a letter from CRS today and I've not had any calls from them since my letter was signed for.

Their letter is an interesting read, they don't consider the level of telephone calls to be harassing

and they have remove my number for 30 days on the basis that I communicate with them.

They have also changed the amount I owe,

they now say there are two accounts from their client.

I only owed there client about £400 but that changed to £691.

But now there are two account one is £696.16 and the second is £691.14!

I have been chased for awhile for the £691.14, but this is the first time I've heard of the £696.16.

I will upload my letter and there's, would like some advice on what to do next.

I sent the letter from the CAG library in respect of telephone harassment and their response is attached.

Thanks

Andrew

Edited by citizenB
removed CAG template letter from the thread

We live in a world where seeing is not believing, where only a few know what really happened.

the important thing here is 'their client'

they can do stuff all to you

they are not the owners of the debt.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx,

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by "they can do stuff all to you", what do you make of the added debt? I think they are fees they've added.

Thanks

Andrew

CRS do not own the debt

only the owner can add/do anything.

pers I'd be ignoring them rather than inviting letter tennis

makes them think they've found a mug to fleece

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I only contacted them to stop the house phone calls, I'll just leave them for 30days and send the letter again if they start calling. Was thinking about putting an harassing complaint into the FOS thou. Think that would be a good idea or should I just leave them.

Thanks

Andrew

Note: I have removed the CAG template letter from your post above. We prefer that letters from our library are not posted in the open forum :)

Their point 1: from the attached response is nonsense. It has nothing to do with OFCOM in respect of the calls made. The FCA say that once the company has been informed that you will not deal with them on the telephone, then further calls become harassment.

Have they provided any proof that these debts are owed .. statements, etc and how they have arrived at the sum(s) they are claiming?

Might be worth sending a subject Access request to the original creditor to find out exactly what the original debt was and why there are now 2 of them. ?

If you are thinking of escalating your complaint to the ombudsman, then you need to do it within 6 months of the final response letter from CRS.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks citizenb,

The debt was first passed to two DCA's both claiming about 500 pound.

Now it was originally for about 800 and i payed between 300 and 500 off but then lost my job and it got past to the two DCA's.

I sent a CCA to them and they said they both have the debt and sent me a badly copied scan of the credit agreement.

I left it for a bit, then started getting phone calls and a few Letters from CRS.

I've printed out my FOS complaint and said I'm complaining for harassment.

What would you advise I'd do?

Thanks

Andrew

Just a thought...I'm with Talk Talk and have recently found their call barring service (which is free of charge) very useful if someone's calling too much. You press 14258 and then ** and the last incoming number is blocked. Never hear from the MIL again ...(just kidding)

I see this is about a photoshoot

its worthy to note there are several threads here regarding 'bogus' shoots after a shopping centre one photo setup

you invisibly enter into a contract for several £100's /

and they

Thanks citizenb,

The debt was first passed to two DCA's both claiming about 500 pound.

Now it was originally for about 800 and i payed between 300 and 500 off but then lost my job and it got past to the two DCA's.

I sent a CCA to them and they said they both have the debt and sent me a badly copied scan of the credit agreement.

I left it for a bit, then started getting phone calls and a few Letters from CRS.

I've printed out my FOS complaint and said I'm complaining for harassment.

What would you advise I'd do?

Thanks

Andrew

The account can only be with ONE DCA, so if two are pursuing you for it, then you need to make a complaint to the Original Creditor and then on to the FOS if they don't sort it out.

It sounds to me as though you do have a good reason to make a complaint to the Ombudsman for both the duplicated DCA and also the continued harassment. Yes, if you have call barring then use it :) Alternatively, if the company is only using one number you could contact your provider and let them know that you are receiving a lot of unsolicited calls from this particular number and could they please put a block on it.

BCOBS

Thanks citizenB.

I will make a complaint to the original creditor, I don't have there address just the Ref the DCA's keep using. I'll see if I can find the address now. Would I put in my complaint letter to the original creditor and what should I put in the FOS complaint?

Thanks

Andrew

Who is the OC?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

they they are the ONLY ones that can do ANYTHING to you.

what the photoshoot all about?

got spoofed?

dx

and they