speeding ticket but I will be travelling abroad soon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got a NIP for 37 in a 30mph zone.

asking for a photo and camera calibration certificate.

I've also stated in the letter that it's likely I will be travelling abroad for quite a while (up to 6 months), and don't know exactly where I'll be staying. I've provided them with the address of the first hotel I'll be staying in, and that they must write to that address or i won't see any correspondence.The hotel will forward any letters once I've stopped staying there.

I'm concerned they'll ignore what I've told them, and they'll end up writing to my uk address, and I won't see the letters.

Not sure what else i can do. Obviously not willing to name myself as the driver until I see the photo, as it could have been my colleague driving at the time of the offence.

The police don't have to send you and photos at all (still less the calibration certificate) at this stage. If you don't get them, that wouldn't relieve you of your obligation or identify the driver, or at least to show why (with reasonable diligence) you were unables to do so.

If you're going to be abroad for a long period it's sensible to make some arrangements for someone to check your mail and ensure that anything important is forwarded to you. Otherwise you could end up having problems if anything important fails to reach you, eg if another NIP arrives just after you've gone. There was a case a couple of years ago of a man who failed to respond to a NIP when he was out of the country and was convicted of failure to identify the driver. The High Court upheld his conviction - see here http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Admin/2011/3471.html (replace the small a in admin with a capital A to make the link work)