Claimform - /Cabot/Restons - old CITI card 'debt'

dean64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Check it now dean.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool - Well best of luck with it- fingers crossed :-)

Thanks.

I cannot see what they can do unless they produce a signed agreement at the last minute.

I have been asking for that for nearly 6 years and nothing. So a fairly good chance I think.

Failing this, I am long term sick and disabled.

My income is quite low and if they win should be able to settle on a few pound per month, hopefully.

Just filed my defence today. Probably receive a DQ shortly.

I understand that it will be automatically stayed if the court has no response for 28 days. Is that 28 + 5 days for service or, just 28 days?

Is it possible rectums will take this further without a signed CCA and NOA? Or will it be stayed indefinitely unless they come up with the original documents?

:smile:Many thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Just received a reply to my CCA request from Cabot including a copy of an agreement and copies bank statements. Copy of their letter attached below.

They admit that it is a reconstututed agreement and is actually just a generic copy with no signature.

So does this comply with the CCA request?

If so I assume that the original will have to be produced if there is a court hearing.

So do I just keep this for my records and do nothing. Or should I send some sort of reply?

please remove all barcodes too

attachment removed

a recon will not suffice and cabot know so.[ card from 2002]

if you've read other citi claims

you'll see its near impossible for anyone to get

1. any signed agreements out of CITI

2. the CORRECT T&C's for that agreement.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry about that. Have removed barcodes.

Even the statements they have supplied are not copies of originals. They are all marked 'peoples banks, connecticut'. I have all the originals and they are all marked 'Citifinancial' and a different address. They have just printed my account details on current stationery.

My defence was received by the court on 19/1/2015. So I will just contact the court after 16/2/2015 to see if anything else has been filed or if it is stayed.

Many thanks Dx.

• 3 weeks later...

Would it be worthwhile to have the claim struck out and be able to claim costs i.e. postage, letter writing, research time etc. Or maybe better to just let sleeping dog lie.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Just phoned the court and they have not heard anything from the claimant. So I think that means it is now stayed.

So what now?

Now Nothing...wait until they wish to proceed

Would it be worthwhile to have the claim struck out and be able to claim costs i.e. postage, letter writing, research time etc. Or maybe better to just let sleeping dog lie.

Not responding to a defence is not cause to strike out...dont prod the bear ...let it sleep.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread