motormile and Mr lender

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am in the process of clearing most of my debts since leaving step change in august. However, I can't seem to get on with these.

I borrowed 300 from Mr lender 18 months ago. I have maid payments of 70 pounds to them via step change and then they gave the debt to MMF. They have been horrible and I paid them 15 pounds in October to stop them hassling me.

Anyway, I have sent several letters of complaint to Mr lender and also the guy that owns it but nothing. MMF want 654 pounds off me. I see from my credit file that Mr lender is marked as settled. There is nothing on there belonging to MMF.

I sent a cca and got an unsigned copy of an electronic agreement.

Shall I just ignore MMF and pay Mr lender the original amount plus one month interest etc or ignore them completely.

Since leaving step change i have paid off over 1700 pounds and got over 6500 written off. I now owe less than 8k for the first time in 11 years. Thanks to all of you.

Hi. Sorry you were missed.

It seems to me that as Mr. Lender has marked the file as 'settles' they have sold the debt to MMF so while a complaint to Mr Lender may get results (or not) you should be directing your wrath at MMF.

You say MMF are harassing you. You would need to raise a formal complaint with them (they are well known for this tactic) and see what they have to say. Any collection activity should stop while they investigate and if they reject your complaint or ignore you completely, then after 8 weeks you can escalate the complaint to the Ombudsman.

While the FCA won't take direct action, it is always worth reporting MMF to them as once they get a certain amount of complaints, they might just investigate.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE