GE Money getting serious notice to say 7 days or court action

laineynic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

FosCISheet v101.xls

put their int in the top box

then input every date/amount of every fee

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dx100uk - thanks for that I had missed the interest rate out. Sorted now and yes I get the same as you.

Sirbob10 - I got a letter in May saying it was only for 26 weeks - that was before I was put in the support group does that mean I will get it for another 26 weeks? I really didn't know I was just going by the letter in May. Thanks for that it is a relief that it won't finish in 2 weeks.

GE Money - rang me on Monday - when I amswered the phone he was talking to someone else and laughing and then he realised that I had answere. He was very patronising towards me and as I spoke it seemed as if he was carrying on laughing at me (don't think I am that paranoid) He reminded me that there is no payment plan in place. He also said that I need the contact my local council regarding the mortgage rescue plan. I got really upset at this point as the thought of it going to that stage.

I spoke to the National Debt Line and they toldme that the mortgage rescue package is the very last resort. She has told me that GE Money have not gone through the mortgage code of conduct - does anyone know anything about this?

I must be in a large minority regarding G.E.Money!

I have been unemployed for 3 years and my wife got ill 3 years ago so of course we have been in arrears for about two years.

They have rung up many times and have been, I must say, very patient with us.

They got an order for possession two years ago but only got an eviction order about four weeks ago.

With my son's help I offered them the monthly payment + about 40% extra towards the arrears but they said "tough".

I went to court this week and the judge agreed my offer was acceptable so I am still here!

The advisor I spoke with was most surprised at how foreberaing GE had been, so I must have been lucky.

ttype in a search engine

mortgage code of conduct

you'll see it

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 months later...

I queried the arrears on my mortgage as I was concerned that it was showing £1526 more than I worked it out.

They sent me a statement with a breakdown all of the £1526 is charges

which is now more than the actual arrears of £1303.

When I queried it today

they tell me it is because I have no payment plan in place.

I find this ironic as since April 2012 on a monthly basis

when they ring and harrass me we go through everything

and they say they are unable to help.

Why do I have to pay these charges when they won't help?

I took all my evidence of their attitude towards me to my local MP.

He contacted the CEO and challenged them as to why they weren't supportive.

I read their comments and could not believe how arrogant, unreasonable and unhelpful they were.

They were economical with the truth of their actions.

It seemed that one department didn't know what the other was doing.

Apparently Collections do not communicate with Litigation or Customer services department.

My MP was also shocked at their attitude towards me.

I am sat again doing income and expenditure forms just like 2 months ago

don't know why I am bothering as they will say that our financial circumstances mean thye can't help.

Why or why did we ever take our mortgage with this company.

per if its all their charges

time for the FOS?

dx

and they

and they

• 7 months later...

I have battled with Ge Money for the last 2 years.

I have spoken to agents that say one thing then do another.

I have arrears on my mortgage and they have done nothing to help.

I asked for reduced payments and they would not sign up for it.

They have to be the worse company we have had our mortgage with

. Firstly request your SAR's.

Go through it to see what they say about you.

On ours there were some underhand comments like "she was on the phone again moaning on about not working".

We went to the FOS in 2011 due to the attitude of not offering support and doing enought to help with mortgae arrears.

We won and they were forced to refund charges and paid £250 in compensation.

Unfortunately just after this I had to leave work due to health problems and we fell behind.

We made an arrangement to pay £460 of the £638 per month payment.

But the woman we made arrangements with did not log it or suspend interest or charges.

It seemed we have never had the conversation.

It took GE money 10 months to tell us there was no payment plan in place.

They refused to help us by adding the arrears to the balance outstanding. They told us we didn't have enough money coming in to set up a payment plan, then they said we should speak to the council to sort the mortgage rescue plan. I have been told that there behaviour is unacceptable and we are once again back at the FOS.

I would get the SARS, view it and then take them to the FOS. Don't be bullied by them at first I was scared to do anything but now my mission is to show them up for what they are. Good luck :-)

Check to see if you have any "excessive" late/missed payment fees and reclaim them. DB Mortgages were fined by the FSA for applying excessive late/missed payment fees.

here is the publication from the FSA (now replaced by the FCA)

see page 4 section 2.6 item (3)

hope this helps

Edited by rdm2006

• 2 weeks later...

own thread created

dx

and they

• 11 months later...

Its 12 months since I last posted about my problems with GE Money and the ongoing problems we have had. In June we got a response from the FOS in regards to the treatment by GE. They did rule in our favor to an extent by making them refund all monthly charges and gave us £200 compensation. We brought up how we were harassed on a daily basis as I was recovering following a operation for ovarian cancer. We provided the phone records and it was very clear how many calls were being made. FOS said that there weren't enough calls to show harassment.

Our problem has been since 2010 that they would not put a payment plan in place. The FOS did not uphold our complaint and they greed with GE Money that we were not offering enough money and we were not making it a priority debt. We had offered a £150 extra to pay the arrears of. The arrears occurred because when I had to give up working it took 13 months for me to get DLA.

Then there was a major cock up with my application. We have arrears of £6380. which seems to be made up of additional interest. We have asked for them to consider several options but they refuse to help. We asked for them to look at adding the arrears to the mortgage - refused. We asked if we could go on a interest only mortgae whilst we caught up but they refuse saying we would gain nothing from it. Our endowment will pay out in May 2016 and their is more than enough to cover the arrears.

Our account has been with the litigation department who will not arrange a payment plan. Even though we have paid £150 additional towards it. Even though we are paying thisextra amount it is hardly reducing.

Today we got the letter we have been dreading the Collections Department have advised us we have 7 days to pay this in full otherwise court action will be taken. I have just rang the collections and go put through to a obnoxious, arrogant man.

Who said it is with the review team who will be making a decision on what action will be taken. He has all my medical details in front of him and will make a decision of whether a payment plan can be put in place or further action.

I explained how much we had tried to get a payment plan. He snapped and told me he was fully aware of how much I had been inundating them with offers. He also said he would need more proof of my health problems. Which they have letters from consultants, dr's and my diabetic nurse.

I am so worried we could loose our house despite asking them to help.

Edited by citizenB
formatting

I will try and find someone who can help.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi, have you made your offer of payment in writing and have GE refused it in writing ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

several threads merged for history.

dx

and they

Yes we have been asking for a payment plan for 2 years setting out what we can pay but they keep refusing to put a payment plan in place. First they said we couldn't afford it Now they say we are not making the mortgage arrears priority. We are getting very worried. We are paying interest and then a further additional interest which we presume is on the arrears this seems to be what is pushing the arrears up every month.