they've finally summoned me

clairew1991
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well it's my turn now to face the dreaded Atos.

A bit of background. I have Borderline Personality Disorder and Depression and currently waiting to get a support worker via a charity.

Anyway I got the dreaded letter today and I am so scared about it that I cannot sleep. I can feel my heart pound out of my chest.

All I've seen is doom and gloom about these people that they fail nearly everyone. Has anyome had a "decent" experience specifically those with MH problems?

What can I expect? Any advice or tips with how to deal wirh them?

Before anyone requests I take someone. I can't. I've literally none to come back me up. I've driven most people away with my stupid mood swings and paranoia.

All help and advice will truly be appreciated. I'm just so scared stiff right now.

I rather suspect as with anything else, you only ever hear the bad side of ATOS. Those people who sail through with no problems, very rarely let us know.

Truly sorry you have isolated yourself, however, would someone from the Charity be able to go with you ? I am sure they will understand your situation.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi claire1991

Welcome to CAG

The first thing is to calm down, do what ever it takes to relax, play some nice music, it is the fear of the unknown. When it's over, you will laugh at yourself and say 'what was I worried about?'

As for ATOS their motivation is the money they get paid, so they do what ever it takes to get that money.

First thing is to phone them up, tell them that you want your Assessment Recorded, when you are there, check that the equiptment is working and you get a copy of the Recording at the end of the assessment.

Take a copy of the ESA 50 form with you, you can refer to it. Print out a copy of your meds and side effects, take that with you, take your meds with you.

Take your doctors / consultations report with you, they will photocopy.

You might be surprised to hear that you have more control over this then you think. ATOS doctors / HCP aren't trained with MH problems.

http://www.rethink.org/resources/w/work-capability-assessment-factsheet

Hello there.

Here's a link to the forum stikky about Atos 'medicals' which tells you how to answer the questions. The doctor at mine was transfixed by the computer screen and hardly looked at me. Try to keep calm and bear in mind what leemack says in the stikky. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Update: my cousin is coming with me to the app. Cos hes seen me grow up into this mess. So I feel slightly better. Just want it over and done with and put out of my misery and get appeal proceedings started (cos no doubt they'll fail me for breathing)

That's excellent clairew.

Update: my cousin is coming with me to the app. Cos hes seen me grow up into this mess. So I feel slightly better. Just want it over and done with and put out of my misery and get appeal proceedings started (cos no doubt they'll fail me for breathing)

• 2 weeks later...

how long have you been waiting to see atos ? ive been on esa now since dec 17th 2013 and still not heard a word from them in fact ive just emailed them asking why its taking so long as I cant wait. im 61 and have several problems and my doctors as I see 3 have put my doctors notes out now to 2 months at a time but still no atos. good luck when you see them and keep your chin up.