Interview under caution by FCC RPO= crimonal record on Standard CRB/DBS check??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

In June 2011 I was caught travelling on an incorrect ticket and was interviewed under caution by a FCC revenue Protection Officer. He didn't take my signatures on the statement or his notes although I clearly remember him stating the caution and then proceeding with the interview.

Thnaks to this forum, I got some good guidance on how to handle such a case and managed to pay a charge to FCC prosecution department and persuaded not to proceed further with the case (a substantially high amount imho but I was travelling without a valid ticket so was clearly in the wrong).

Now,I am required to apply for a job which requires me to have a DBS/CRB Standard Criminal Record Check. I am worried that the 'caution' may show up on the criminal record although I am certain that the caution procedure was not strictly adhered to.

Please can you advise if such a caution will show up on my criminal record?

Your comments are most welcome.

Thanks,

Hi everyone,

In June 2011 I was caught travelling on an incorrect ticket and was interviewed under caution by a FCC revenue Protection Officer. He didn't take my signatures on the statement or his notes although I clearly remember him stating the caution and then proceeding with the interview.

Thnaks to this forum, I got some good guidance on how to handle such a case and managed to pay a charge to FCC prosecution department and persuaded not to proceed further with the case (a substantially high amount imho but I was travelling without a valid ticket so was clearly in the wrong).

Now,I am required to apply for a job which requires me to have a DBS/CRB Standard Criminal Record Check. I am worried that the 'caution' may show up on the criminal record although I am certain that the caution procedure was not strictly adhered to.

Please can you advise if such a caution will show up on my criminal record?

Your comments are most welcome.

Thanks,

There is the PACE "caution" given at some interviews where the interviewee is cautioned that the record of interview / answers they give would be considered admissible in any later court action. This sounds like the caution you were given. That caution does not inherently involve any admission of guilt by you (even though in the interview someone may admit guilt, the caution itself doesn't admit guilt).

The caution that might show on a DBS check is that of a formal caution form the police given by an officer of at least sergeant rank and usually an inspector. It involves the recipient formally admitting their guilt (which is why it can be included alingside "convictions" in the "convictions / cautions" heading".

If the caution was given by an RPO, nor a police officer, and you didn't have to sign that you admitted guilt : it was a PACE caution rather than "formal" police caution, and won't show on a DBS

Many thanks Bazzas.

Would it be any different if I subsequently wrote to the FCC prosecutions department and admitted my guilt and offered an apology along with a hefty admin charge ? I was not prosecuted as a result but will the supervening event change the status of the 'caution' by RPO and will anything from this whole event be recorded on the CRB / DBS / PNC database and appear on a Standard check ?

Many thanks Bazzas.

Would it be any different if I subsequently wrote to the FCC prosecutions department and admitted my guilt and offered an apology along with a hefty admin charge ? I was not prosecuted as a result but will the supervening event change the status of the 'caution' by RPO and will anything from this whole event be recorded on the CRB / DBS / PNC database and appear on a Standard check ?

No, that makes no difference.

The fact is that an otherwise prosecutable case was disposed of without Court action and therefore there is no DSB / PNC record whatsoever