offensive Christmas card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mr Christopher Haffke

Director

AG Retail Cards Ltd t/a Clintons

The Crystal Building

Langston Road

Loughton

Essex

IG10 3TH

Clintons is part of the AG Retail Cards Ltd so make sure you point out it is Clintons your complaint is about.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Shame you didn't take a screen shot.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It would appear there was a twitter petition as well - mumsnet has several comments, but all links to the actual card appear to have been removed.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

mm seems it has been taken down....page not found!

Good old google cache: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:oe9SBZFl9U8J:www.clintoncards.co.uk/christmas/christmas-cards/council-estate-santa-clause-christmas-card

Offensive, yes. There are also other cards in stock that may well offend....

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I would think that someone has added it for a joke or they have been hacked. They cannot have seriously thought it was a card they could sell.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It's now been replaced with the following:

"We apologise but this card in our range has been withdrawn. It is in no way reflective of our views and we apologise without reservation. We are investigating how this offensive card got through

our quality control procedures, which we will review and tighten as a result of this incident. This was a mistake and we deeply regret the upset that this has clearly caused. "

Has anyone taken a screenshot ??

Conniff, Mr P found a copy on the google cache - link in the post above - I tried to take a screen shot of it, but must be doing something wrong, because I couldn't :(

BCOBS

A quick search for the URL turns up a few screen shots, mainly from twitter feeds. The press has also picked up on the story, one example: The Independent.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Nothing like a couple talking sense to change ones mind. On Sky newspapers this morning it was said "what are we like, sitting in our houses waiting for something to offend us, something we can moan at. It's a joke, take it as one, I was brought up in a council house and it didn't offend me"

I can see his point, we are so quick to make everything racist, anti religious or sexist, whatever happened to our sense of humour.

There has been so much negativity about people on benefits recently this has just gone a step to far for me and others, some yes may see it as a joke but when you are subject to this stuff day in it no longer feels like a joke!

This was actually in the papers this morning.

https://metro.co.uk/2014/12/07/clinton-cards-produces-christmas-card-to-offend-all-council-estate-dwellers-4977198/

Worth mentioning that the people that make these cards don't work for Clintons. Most of the time they aren't moderated correctly and go straight to print and out to the shelves.