Virgin to increase charges again

mikeymack2002
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a new forum for me.

Post arrived today usual bumph including a letter from VM stating that from 01/02/2015 they will be increasing their fees by £3.00pm.

Called VM to state not interested any more to have services that go up so much with no extra value same channels not better service, just more costs.

Stated this and said that I would rather leave VM for services else where. The result was a £30.00 good will gesture to account for this increase for the next year.

My question is now how many people will blindly accept the increase in fees without questioning them.

Also they like to state a brand new contract is entered into if you change your service package for another year why?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Hi mikey

Well after your post, lets hope their customers challenge the price hike and talk with their feet.

Well Done with the good will gesture.

Thanks rebel11

Its awful how they treat their customers I often have a barney with them over their contracts and get a goodwill payment.

I am waiting till they up the broadband sped again for free then a few months later the costs go up again back to complaining as always.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Stated this and said that I would rather leave VM for services else where. The result was a £30.00 good will gesture to account for this increase for the next year.

Only £30 ???

Cheapskates... I had a similar conversation with them and got £10 per month knocked off for all of next year. Will be watching the bills to make sure they do not renege on the agreement.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Note that their envelope informing you of the price increase is suspiciously similar to their junk mail, so many people will just shred it.

Most people will not realise they pay £3 extra for a long time.

So multiply that by a few hundred of thousands and there is VM making a mint out of their highly valued customers.

I told them (spookily the day before this price rise arrived) that I was leaving them. Got rid of the M package, which is no better than freeview, got a newer modem/router and knocked it down from £43 to £22 (for 6months and then £25). Had they not done this I would have gone to BT who would reinstall my 'normal' line for free. Also not in a contract, so can still walk if needed.

They have repeatedly put prices up at way higher than RPI, assuming most will accept. Fight back. Play hardball with them, they are desperate not to lose custom.