council stole vehicle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have 6 SORN cars off the road at my parents house. I had no idea I could park these in the residence bays across the street FOR FREE! Never mind about the people that actually pay for the spaces!

If you are lucky the Council may even come along and put it in their nice pound to keep it safe and sound for you.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamberson; have you tried googling "virtual parking permits" ? bit like the congestion charge, dartford crossing etc.

Thanks. Not heard of them before but that makes sense. I assume then he just didn't have one, so the tow was legit.

In my view there need to be some mitigating circumstances as to why the car was where it was. There could be - I don't know what caused it to be there, and the OP so far hasn't explained. Also he mentioned earlier about what he calls virtual permits - I don't know what that means, but clarification would be good.

He said it "Broke down" which is why it was there.

Also Im guessing that any resident permit scheme will have terms and conditions attached. Some of which may include the fact the car has to be registered to the property the permit is issued to.

So OP, how long was your car parked in this bay?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

He said it "Broke down" which is why it was there.

Presumably it didn't break down inside the bay. I'd guess it was left there after the breakdown, but unless he tells us the full story, it's hard to know if he has anything to argue with.

The vehicle was left on a road where there are garages, other vehicles are left there on single yellow line, as i was in process of getting money to get car repaired, the tax run out i was going to get the vehicle taxed and back on the road, the council took it, i placed a cover on there so the council know the vehicle is broken down, the vehicle had been there a few days before removal, i guess Christmas bonus for them. By the way i did thank those for their useful comments.

The vehicle was left on a road where there are garages, other vehicles are left there on single yellow line, as i was in process of getting money to get car repaired, the tax run out i was going to get the vehicle taxed and back on the road, the council took it, i placed a cover on there so the council know the vehicle is broken down, the vehicle had been there a few days before removal, i guess Christmas bonus for them. By the way i did thank those for their useful comments.

It doesnt matter if its broken down and you covered it. You left it on a public highway untaxed and un MOT'd. This means that the vehicle was illegally parked/stored, and as such, under the law quoted previously, the council towed it. If you wanted to store it somewhere until you got it repaired or taxed, then you could have found a lock up, driveway, or garage.

No matter how you try and excuse your actions, you wont win this one. You clearly broke the law/bylaws/whatever and you have to face the consequences. Chalk this one up to a bad experience, pay up, and don't do it again.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D