One Call and OCL Solicitors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help please!

I have been receiving numerous letters from One Call in the name of Judgement Order Bailiff.

Then I just received a "Letter before Court Action" citing Civil procedure Rules and the Practice Direction for Pre Action Conduct.

That was about a dispute related of so-called "outstanding account", which I do not recognize and they tried to charge on my credit card (but I successfully got it charged back).

The OCL Solicitors apparently is on the Law Society list (at least found it on their website).

Should I be worried? My main concern will they really take count action against me, which I have no time to deal with.

If count action is really imminent, I may rather settle it. I refuse to pay and ignore them on principle.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

R

Yes they could take you to court, if you have an undisputed debt owing to them.

In my opinion, you either come to a negotiated settlement with them or you enter into a dispute with One Call. Keep it in writing, so you have evidence, if this ever gets to court.

Insurance companies do employ Solicitors to advise them on a daily basis, about every aspect they come into contact with. They now have a name registered which they use as part of their debt collection process.

It is not standard practice in my experience for Insurance companies to routinely issue court claims. But this is not to say that they won't start doing this. When you have asked this question before, the response has been that it is unlikely, because these companies threaten a lot of actions which they very rarely follow through with. Most people come to a settlement or enter into a dispute. The ones where they never receive a reply will probably be sold to outside debt collectors to chase the debt. Insurance companies don't really want the hassle of dealing with small court claims regarding debts, as that is not part of their business model.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

one call and their fake solicitors are well known here

moved to the insurance forum

have a read

seems like its his week to send out the silly judgement order letters

just remember they are not bailiffs and never ever can be.

usually these one call threat-o-grams go nowhere

read here

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...