style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I am really hoping I can get some help and advice here.

I really don't know where to turn and CAB havnt been that much help.

I received a fine back in April for nonpayment of TV License.

I was utterly stupid to stop paying it but I can't go back in time now.

I was paying off £20 a fortnight but ended up not paying one time due to financial problems

and thinking I would pay double the next fortnight.

The time came and I couldn't.

I received a letter from Swift saying if I didn't pay or make an arrangement, they would send people out.

I made the arrangements with them to pay £20 a fortnight again but due to my mental health problems, I defaulted, again stupid.

Last Friday, I had a letter pushed through my door at 6:40am saying if I don't pay £412 they would be back with a locksmith.

I went to the CAB and they said the only thing I could do was to get a health letter from my doctor

but they want to charge £25 for it and I simply do not have that kind of money.

I can't even afford to buy a cheap pair of trainers to replace the ones I have now that the sole is practically hanging off of.

My heads all over the place,

I am scared every time the phone rings or there's a knock on my door.

I have been diagnosed with Severe Clinical Depression amd Severe Anxiety even though its bordering more on Bipolar.

I have 2 young daughter aged 5 and 2 and I am married.

Most of the stuff I have here doesn't belong to me

I.e on HP as we couldn't afford to buy our cooker and washing machine outright when our old ones eventually broke.

My husband is claiming JSA for us as I got refused ESA even though I have mental health issues,

a gap in my spine and other back problems.

What do I do?

I know not to let them in but I can't physically cope with them knocking on the door

and any threatening behavior that I know will happen.

I know it will make my suicidal thoughts even worse.

Sorry for the long post,

just wanted to get everything in.

Also, if there are any spelling mistakes, blame my silly phone

Edited by Witchymama
Spelling

You need to call the ESA helpline on 0800 055 66 88 to explain the situation to them about the ESA and to ask for urgent help. You may be able to get some urgent help, if you have a Doctors note saying that you are unfit to work, signing you off for a period.

In regard to the bailiff actions, I think you need to phone the Magistrates court and to ask for help from the courts welfare team. The court will have a team of people who should be there to help in this situation.

If you need local help, in most areas you will find a Church group who help with debt matters. You don't need to be religious or a member of the group. If not, your local MP's office may be able to make some urgent enquries on your behalf.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

In the first instance you need to make it clear to the enforcement agents that you suffer with health problems and are deemed vulnerable under the National Standards for Enforcement Agents.

It is extremely rare for authority to force entry with a locksmith to be grated so I wouldn't be too concerned with this at the moment.

TV fines are not my area of expertise but others will be along to assist shortly.

Hi all. I am really hoping I can get some help and advice here. I really don't know where to turn and CAB havnt been that much help.

I received a fine back in April for nonpayment of TV License. I was utterly stupid to stop paying it but I can't go back in time now. I was paying off £20 a fortnight but ended up not paying one time due to financial problems and thinking I would pay double the next fortnight. The time came and I couldn't. I then received a letter from Swift saying if I didn't pay or make an arrangement, they would send people out. I made the arrangements with them to pay £20 a fortnight again but due to my mental health problems, I defaulted, again stupid.

Last Friday, I had a letter pushed through my door at 6:40am saying if I don't pay £412 they would be back with a locksmith. I went to the CAB and they said the only thing I could do was to get a health letter from my doctor but they want to charge £25 for it and I simply do not have that kind of money. I can't even afford to buy a cheap pair of trainers to replace the ones I have now that the sole is practically hanging off of.

My heads all over the place, I am scared every time the phone rings or there's a knock on my door. I have been diagnosed with Severe Clinical Depression amd Severe Anxiety even though its bordering more on Bipolar. I have 2 young daughter aged 5 and 2 and I am married. Most of the stuff I have here doesn't belong to me I.e on HP as we couldn't afford to buy our cooker and washing machine outright when our old ones eventually broke. My husband is claiming JSA for us as I got refused ESA even though I have mental health issues, a gap in my spine and other back problems.

What do I do? I know not to let them in but I can't physically cope with them knocking on the door and any threatening behavior that I know will happen. I know it will make my suicidal thoughts even worse.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to get everything in. Also, if there are any spelling mistakes, blame my silly phone

When you had a payment arrangement with Swift at £20 per month did you advise them of your mental health problems? Was any evidence provided at the time?

Also, are you on any medication and if so, was this brought to the attention of Swift?

I didn't inform them of y mental health No. To be honest, I hate talking about it, I feel as if I'm being judged on everything when I do tell people so try and hide it. I Also felt that my doctor wouldn't believe everything that went on in my head and would just pass it off as me being silly. I'm not on any medication as stopped taking it when I fell pregnant with my youngest and have now just literally moved to a new doctor to try and get further help as my old doctor wasn't doing much about anything.

Surely if I call the court and ask for the welfare team them they will simply say as it's with the bailiffs, there's nothing that can be done.

Just a quick response about ESA, I had been signed off for 6 months when they refused the claim 2 months in but that's for another thread lol

I know that the mental health issue is scary to talk about but unless the EA/Courts know this then they cannot take this into account can they? Once you have discussed this with them they will/may make allowances in your case. Follow this link for further info

Has there been a change in circumstances that the Court are not aware of at this time? if so you really should notify them of this asap. Not paying the arrangement can and does attract further fees and could force the EA to remove your goods to cover the debt.

So personally I would inform the EA of your vulnerable situation so that they maybe able to assist you in clearing your debt.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Did you stop taking medication on the advice of your doctor, or did you choose to stop yourself?

Have you been seeing a doctor about your illness regularly during those two and a half years since you stopped taking the medication? What have they said?

Normally someone with a mental health condition such as yours would have been referred to their local hospital and be under a consultant. Has this been the case with you?

You will need to prove your vulnerability somehow. I imagine there must have been some regular contact with medics during this period from the diagnosis you are talking about.

Why there is such importance to this is because the new bailiff regulations that came into effect on 6th April make express provision for anyone who may have been recognised as being vulnerable. The rules provide that the debtor should be given the opportunity to seek advice from maybe the CAB or other debt agency and that unless this is given the enforcement fee of £235 cannot be charged. As soon as I read about your mental health problems I was minded to suggest that a formal complaint be made about the bailiff. This is why it is so important to ask further questions.

I am sorry to hear of your health problems but as you can see, if some sort of evidence can be provided this will assist you greatly.

How much have you so far paid to Swift?

PS: In any event, your account is one that really should be dealt with by the Welfare Dept at Swift. I have sent a message to one of the moderators who will contact you with details.