Section 75 claim - Acceptable timeframe

*MSB*
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone tell me what is an acceptable time-frame to have a section 75 claim dealt with by the credit card company. I have lodged a claim against my credit card company for some repairs that I needed to have done to a car i bought and paid the £100 deposit for using my credit card.

The credit card company are responding to me but the time between letters is about a month and I'm getting the impression that they are just dragging their heels. The first letter I got off them was a "please send us details of your claim" then I got a "please sign this form so we can contact the garage you bought the car from" letter.

Now Ive got a letter asking me for the following: * Evidence of how the balance was paid for the car. * MOT certificate. * Independent report from a VAT registered company on their headed paper detailing any faults and the likely causes of any faults. * Correspondence between me and the garage I bought the car from. * Any other document I may feel relevant.

Do I really need to supply all this?? They've been sent the original invoice for the repairs from the garage that carried out the repairs. I cant help feeling that no matter what I send them there is going to be another months delay and then I'm going to getting a letter asking for yet more information. Thanks

Edited by Conniff

Hi MSB

Welcome to CAG

I would send them exactly what they are asking for. Yes, they are 'dragging their feet'. Send them a covering letter explaning that they could have sent everything with the initial letter instead of several letter. State that if this isn't resolved swiftly a complaint will be lodged with the FOS which will cost them £525. Also in the letter state COBS:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?834-Fair-Treatment-for-Credit-Card-Holders-and-Borrowers

Thread moved to correct forum.

Thanks Rebel11 - I'll try that approach... Conniff: Im not worried about any timeframe expiring - I'm naffed off at them as it always seems to be a month before I hear from them again and, up to now, they have always asked for more information 'to help deal with my claim' which leads to another month before I hear from them again asking for more information.