Data Protection Act breach, new address entered incorrectly into bank's system

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

We recently moved property and I went into the nearest Halifax branch to amend our address. I provided the new Council Tax invoice I had received however the employee incorrectly entered it into the system; they entered house number 3 instead of house number 2. Total of 6 bank accounts between us, 1 of which is a joint account.

Within my online banking inbox there is a letter dated 20 Aug which I saw at the weekend (11 Oct) and which highlighted the error to me. Phoned the bank and they confirmed incorrect address on system. They also confirmed that bank statements have gone out in the post to number 3.

My girlfriend received in her online banking inbox a letter dated 20 Aug advising of a change in address but it doesn't provide the new address so she assumed that it had been processed correctly.

Mistakes happen but I'm not happy about our bank statements going to a new neighbour over the road. I think I can complain about breach of Data Protection to the bank and seek compensation for distress caused but would be grateful for any comments please.

Thanks