Natwest - Hidden procedures

Pixifox65
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Pixifox, Thank you for your reply. The thread is in no way boring for me as evidenced by my responses. However, I am saddened by the sometimes adversarial nature of the conversations. It also concerns me that the conversations are beginning to detract from your primary issue.

In my opinion, the important thing is how to help you solve your problems to your satisfaction not to build up a case against the bank. But that is only my opinion as to what I would focus upon. I can see that your approach is different to mine.

I have over 30 years experience of managing company bank accounts of my former employer. Therefore I do have an obsession of always focusing on the bank statement as the critical component of any bank reconciliation. However, I have also learned over the years that I am not always right and sometimes there are different ways of achieving the same goal.

I hope that you do ultimately go some way towards achieving your goal.

Edited by RKSG

Hi RG

Thank you for your reply I appreciate it.

I do not have the necessary evidence to prove what has happened to me so I am unable to do anything for myself.

I have known this since the FO told me that I could not prove what has happened with the paperwork I have

and for some reason my calls to the bank were not recorded.

My reasons for telling my story are to prevent others having this problem and to see if anyone can advise me how to address this issue with the bank.

I want them to inform their customers about this procedure in their terms, literature and on line help area.

They seem to be very good and informing us of all our responsibilities and what we are liable for etc

so why dont they tell us about this?

We entrust our money to them but that should not allow them to decided when

and by how much they will allow our accounts to go overdrawn.

You are right I have been distracted and caught up with other issues!

• 2 months later...

I have to agree NatWest have hidden Procedures, If you have been unfortunate to have a Standing Order (SO) or Direct Debit (DD) Bounce / refused, it will NOT show up on your statement, (there is no positive - negative, remark regarding payments on the statement). However YOU will be charged for it.

Edited by jannercobbler
info

If my posts have helped you please use the scales at the top of my posts :)

Any opinions from Jannercobbler are strictly my own and I have no affiliation with any group or services.

The two most beautiful words in the English Language are "Cheque Enclosed" - Dorothy Parker

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/399-abbey-letter-sent.html

Me v Abbey - £3000 + Int + Costs + Credit File Cleaned.

LBA Sent 12/3/06

Court Claim started - 31/5/2006

Allocation Questionnaire Filed - 24/7/06

Court Date allocated 31/10/2006

Me v Citi-Cards - CCA Sent 27/07/06

Me v Citi-Cards - Data Protection Act Sent 03/08/06

Me v Capital One - Data Protection Act Sent 03/08/06

Me v Hillesden Securities - CCA Sent 03/08/06

Me v Hillesden Securities - DPA Sent 03/08/06