POPLA Appeal WON - UK PS still asking for payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

When i first got parking charge back in April, i found this site and made use of a company set up to help people with their Parking ticket claims

They were very fast to respond and very helpful. I had already appealed to the parking company but they just rejected it and said I could appeal to POPLA but really not worth my time. They did not supply POPLA code. The Claims company contacted them for code but appeal lost due to out of date code - dealt with it, Claims Company got a new code and re-submitted appeal which won. Yay!, all dealt with.

Except now, the parking company UK Parking Solutions has sent me a letter demanding payment and threatening Debt Recovery and extra charges.

Is this legal given POPLA appeal already won. Does the POPLA appeal verdict hold up in court?

Should I just ignore them or do I need to take action?

Thanks

Edited by citizenB
Removed advertising link

Hi, did that, the claims company spoke to them and said the ticket is cancelled and to let them know if get anything else.

The fee is definitely worth it for no hassle imho.

Edited by honeybee13

I'd be tempted to let them take me to court. The judge will absolutely love having his time wasted by the PPC. whistle.gif In fact, whoever is in court representing UKPS could find themselves leaving with a new hole torn into them drama.gif

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Please do NOT name the Claims company you used for your situation.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Sorry, thought it might help people to know this company did what they said they would.

CAG does not advertise for companies who charge a fee when CAG can help people to do this for free.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Sorry, thought it might help people to know this company did what they said they would.

I think the problem stems from CAG not wanting to be seen to favour any particular company. (plus what CitizenB says above (obviously)) There are several out there that carry out this kind of service, so to single one out wouldn't really be seen as fair. Plus the site has it's sponsors and advertisers to think of. So it all get's a bit "complicated" when people start name dropping :)

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Except now, the parking company UK Parking Solutions has sent me a letter demanding payment and threatening Debt Recovery and extra charges.

Thanks

What do they think a debt company will do?

Write to you begging for payment for a debt that is not

They can add all the fees they like you owe nothing

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

In short, you paid someone to tell them the bleedin obvious when all it needed was a letter warning them that they would be sued for harassment if they persisted in bothering you.

I would have sent this letter with copies to POPLA and the BPA.

The main point was UKPCS had already lost their claim and had no right to say or do anything and now they have the temerity to contact you again. Their stupidity appears to be limitless.

I paid the Claims company to do the original appeal to POPLA for a fraction of the price of the parking charge. I believed the appeal would lose.

Quite frankly, for the fee involved, it wasn't worth my time to put together the level of documents the company provided to POPLA.

The parking company didn't respond to the POPLA appeal, hence i won that by default.

Had i appealed on my own, i quite possibly would have lost the appeal as technically i was at fault for not displaying a permit, but i was parking in my own allocated parking space so appealed to the parking company to show some sense - which they didn't do.

For the fee i paid and amount of hassle the Claims company has prevented me having to deal with, i got value for money.

If you think it's stupid because i could have put in several hours of work for £16, more fool you. 3 months after the event, the Claims company still dealt with it with no further charge.

The underlining point to my query, was whether the POPLA appeal verdict would stand up in court. Clearly it would hence they cancelled it once they not getting a fear payment.

Actually what we have here is somebody who has come onto the site and registered yesterday about lunchtime and posted a problem with a parking company and a POPLA appeal. 45 minutes later this person receives advice and then 15 minutes later he posts that the matter has magically been sorted out.

Throughout all his posts he has taken care to publish the name of a commercial organisation which he says has helped him in return for a payment of money.

Sorry, but we are being spammed here. This is not really somebody who had a problem and needed help. This is somebody who had a problem in the past and has sorted it out and has decided either of their own accord or because they've been encouraged to do so – to come onto our website and to spam and try to scrounge some free advertising for a commercial organisation.

It is dishonest and also it wastes the time of the decent and caring people who are happy to contribute their efforts in their time free of charge on this forum.

Any company which needs to spam its way into public attention like this should be avoided because they're obviously not good enough to operate in a straightforward and straight dealing way.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks