Budget Insurance - Automatic Renewal - Charge to Cancel

Milly Weeble
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

I have been charged to cancel (set-up fees) an automatic renewal of a home contents policy I did not want.

Budget Insurance claim that they sent me a letter 17.09.14 to remind me that my policy was due for renewal.

I absolutely did not receive any correspondence from them.

I received an email from them at 18:52 the day before to say that the policy would renew at midnight (giving me around 5 hours to contact them).

After complaining over the telephone, they said they would not charge £35.00, but would instead charge me £17.00 to cancel the renewal

(or rather the set-up fees). It might not be a great deal of money, but it is to a full-time student like me.

Anything I can do?

All the best,

Milly

Make a formal complaint and if they believe you will go to the FOS, they will probably waive the charge.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for your response unclebulgaria67...they've already taken the money (within 29 hours of the alleged reminder) and said they'll make a refund, minus the charge.

I've got time on my hands, so I'll write a letter of complaint (once my money's back in the bank!) then take it to the FOS :-x

cant you invoke the DD guarantee via your bank?

as they've no signed contract

and on the org policy there will be a list of dates the DD will be drawn upon

there will be no date noted after the end of the policy, so they cant rely upon your signed DD mandate.

stuff the insurance company.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...