Harrassment Order against someone in the EU

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Friend has found themselves in a large spot of bother and I decided to try a post here for some advice of what can be done to help him out.

He is being seriously harassed and rather embarrassed by an Italian National who is 'hiding' in Italy. From what I understand, my friend runs a Computer Game Server where this Italian Gent got himself banned for reasons that don't concern or interest me (and that I don't actually know either).

What I do know is that this chap keeps posting my friends personal details into the public domain without his consent. Repeated attempts to Ban Evade his gaming server. However last night was the final straw. He was woken up at 02:45 to find Dominos Pizza at his door with £130 worth of Food which he hadn't ordered or paid for. They were less than impressed.

My continued concern is that this will get much more serious with something like Identity Fraud. If this guy will send pizzas at nearly 3AM to the tune of £130.00 I fear this is only the beginning.

I have told my friend he should now involve the Police immediately. There are several ongoing issues including email harassment etc. I would be lying if I said I thought Debt Collectors were still worse at it.

But with the person responsible outside of UK Jurisdiction, is there some from of European Harassment Order that can be placed on this chap to cease and desist immediately? I have suggested he speaks to the CAB, but in the West Country they aren't exactly that helpful.

Has anyone been in this situation or knows where I could seek advice for him. He just wants it to stop and the :mad2::-x:evil: is not relenting by any stretch of the imagination!

Thanks all :)

This is how I spend most of my life :ranger:

have a chat with actionfraud

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx.

I've advised he contact them and he said he'll give them a ring tomorrow. I suggested he write to Dominos also to explain the situation and not to accept any orders without payment on order in future. He assures me this has been done, but by telephone. I am concerned that head office might try to recover the funds for something that was a fraudulent order via Civil Action. But with correspondence to provide from action fraud, one would hope they won't be silly.

Now he has asked me that should ActionFraud start an investigation into the matter, what is the likelihood of them ceasing equipment for investigation. Whilst he has absolutely nothing to hide and just wants the harassment to stop. If he were to have equipment taken for investigation, it would be extremely disruptive to his work as he would not be able to do any form of work (He is self employed)

What do you thinK?

Ta.

This is how I spend most of my life :ranger:

I would think actionfraud will certainly point him in the right direction

I'd not have a clue myself

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...