scottish power prepayment meter taking remaining credit when using emergency..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just looking to see if anyone has had this problem or any idea why its happening.

long story

short for near enough 2 years if i have say 70p left of normal credit

i like to stick the key in for the emergency to be added so it doesn't run out if i forget

which is likely i have 2 small kids running about.

for the first year i lived here when i did that it added the 70p to the £5 so the balance would have been £5.71.

now whether it be 70p 20p or 83p when i put the emergency in *poof* is disappears and only gives me the £5.

finally got them to agree to a meter change after complaining every week for nearly 2 years hoping to sort it.

nope,

had 94p just there

put the key in to add the emergency so it didn't cut off when id be doing the school run in the morning

and again its only showing the £5.

my 94p disappeared into thin air.

haven't changed tariff,

no T&C changes from them

i feel sick at how much they've got from me over all this time.

i've already fired off an email to the CEO as im fed up of dealing with the lackies on the phone and twitter.

sorry for rambling

tell me this shouldn't be happening :sad:

Is that 94p of credit left or emergency.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Is that 94p of credit left or emergency.

It's 94p credit before activating the emergency credit, I'm sure that was happening to me a couple of weeks ago, just had the pre payment meter removed and replaced with a 'normal' one last week. I forgot to ask the guy about it.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Yeah maroondevo is right,just normal credit.

My meter seems to eat money like there is no tomorrow so that's why I always stick the emergency in when its inder £1. Like one day last week I checked the meter about 10 when I went down to lock the front door..1.19 in the meter I got back from the school run at 9.30 the next morning and I had no power and the meter was showing 31p in debt. So over 11 off peak hours when there is nothing but my broadband,fridge freezer and washing machine (no it use the plug is behind the machine so can't switch it off at the mains only on the machine) dunno what Einstein designed that...anyway it charged me 1.50. So that would work out more than £3 per day because the other 13 hours are hours where more appliances are in use.

Again complained and apparently that's normal...I live in a normal sized 3 bed house with a 3 and 5 year old who use nothing like a phone charger or laptop.

At one point I was topping up 30 in one week. Ridiculous.

You'd think I lived in Blackpool tower

Do you have a meter through choice or because you have an outstanding balance owed to the Utility company ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Righto, I thought perhaps if it wasn't by choice you could make a formal complaint to their Head office, especially as you have 2 young children.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Lived in a 1 bedroom maisonette with my girlfriend with those damn meters for electric and gas. We were topping up at least £200 a month in total.

I'm sure those meters are [removed] people.

[removed]

no because it can get the forum in trouble.

please do not bypass the filter

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...