Signing off JSA

dennissmith
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I may be able to enrol on a full time college course next week, and so will be signing off JSA. My sign on day is Thursday and my last sign on was last Thursday. If I've signed off before signing on again, will I get a week's worth of JSA paid or nothing?

Many thanks.

Provided you have been meeting the usual JSA rules about seeking work and so on, you will be paid from the day after you last signed to the day you actually sign off. So, for example, if you signed off tomorrow you would receive 7 days payment.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I think you can continue to claim until the official start date of your course, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Providing you are fulfilling your JSA agreements in looking for work you can claim upto the day you actually start the course.

So if your course started on Monday then you can claim up to the Sunday. They will not let you sign off on Friday and pay you

up to Sunday. You have to find a appointment time with them that you can go during a free period time in your course.

I believe that if you have no earnings to declare to them that you can actually sign off over the phone. Someone else could probably confirm or deny this.

If I was signing off to do a course and I was starting it on a Monday I would actually sign off on the Friday so that the

entire weekend was free and i could concentrate on getting anything I needed for the course ready for the start.

I am not sure about this but if there is any equipment required for the course there may be a possibility that you

could ask them about a discretionary payment to help you meet the cost of the equipment.

They may say NO, but seeing as you will be getting off JSA they may just help you. Worth a try. But this has

to be done before you get off the JSA.