|Quick question, RE: Recorded telephone calls & charges.. Bit long..

Bradders33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know this is going off the subject a bit; I am in the process of claiming charges of Halifax at present but have a gripe with A&L who we currently bank with.

In July last year we moved banks to A&L and this July my husband rang A&L and asked them to set up a Standing Order to his previous bank a/c so that he could clear his overdraft with them in chunks each month... He then thought nothing of it.

Two months later his previous bank call to query why O/D wasn't decreasing, he said he didn't know as he set a S.O up with A&L.

He rang A&L and they confirmed it was set up and that it was his other bank rejecting, so hubby called previous bank and they said they were not rejecting and to see how next payment goes.

Another month passes, another rejected payment, this time he gets a call from prev bank to say that as it’s been three missed payments and as payments are being returned they are charging him £30 to be added to his O/D!

So hubby calls A&L again, after much to-ing and fro-ing it transpires that A&L had keyed the wrong bank a/c details! Hubby explains that he would not have given wrong details as he banked with prev bank for 14 years and knew his a/c number off by heart and as it's A&L's mistake he expects them to refund him the £30 charge, they say they need to review recorded phone call and get back to him within two weeks and that they will refund the charge if they are at fault.

Three weeks pass, no call back. Hubby calls them tonight, they insist that they didn't call him back as did not have our phone number(?!) Err... despite calling us the other week regarding joint a/c.. Then say recording shows that hubby gave wrong a/c number so they cannot refund him £30.

My hubby is ADAMANT that he did not give wrong details, so asked if they could email him the recording, they said yes but at the cost of £10, Hubby explains that it costs nothing to email him an .mpeg file, let alone £10 and that he is entitled to this info. The agent then says she will put him on hold and listen to it herself, hubby asked to have a 3-way conference call so he can hear, he's told they can't, he asks if this is down to technology or policy, he's advised policy!

So hubby says, if I give you £10 I want not only recording, but all my bank statements listing previous A&L charges too as it's an S.A.R, but is told, no, its £10 for statements and £10 for recording!!

Surely data is data, regardless of medium?

Also how come it's acceptable for them to listen to recording as they cannot take hubby’s word but he can't unless he pays when he won't take their word?

Any advice? PLEASE! Where does he stand?

If he puts the request in writing he will get the list of charges and the statements for a single £10 fee as it is a request under the DPA.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

christmasrallycag_468x60.gif

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Sorry, no, I've prob complicated things..

The crux of the arguement is that he is sure that he gave them correct a/c details for the S.O but they say he didn't, he wants them to email him that recorded telephone conversation and they want to charge him £10, so be facetious he said that if he has to pay £10 for that (Which he doesn't see why he should as sending an email costs nothing and takes no time.) then he'll have all of his statements too cos if he's paying £10 for data relating to him then he wants all of it, regardless of whether it's written or audio.. But they say £10 for recording and another £10 for statements, but surely data is data?!

Guest Battleaxe

Having worked in a call centre, not all calls are recorded and how could the agent locate the call so quickly if it was recorded?

Contact Mr Ian Wade, Head of Customer Service, Current Accounts on 0151 966 4306 and speak only to him.

Write notes as you speak to him, better still if able record the conversation.

Good luck