Poor air con service

SuperStretch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Took my car in to a local garage for its service and MOT. I also asked for an air con service at the time of booking. When picking up my car I was told that they couldn't complete the air con service as there was a leak when they put the oxygen through, when I asked what had happened and why they hadn't fixed it, I was fobbed off.

On driving home, the air con wasn't working at all, just blowing hot air, it was working fine before. I took it to an F1 Autocentre who diagnosed instantly that there was no leak, just no pressure in the system- most likely due to a botched job.

Where do I stand about complaining about this? I didn't lose any money, just time and my air con ended up re-gassed. However I'm not happy with the service I received from the garage.

Are you sure the second garage did their checks properly. If a garage detects a leak, they wont fill it with gas as it will slowly escape, and they wont charge you for the work done. The second garage may just have filled the leaking system and billed you and in 2 weeks that gas will have all leaked out and you will be out of pocket for a failed aircon regas. Been there and done that and lost the £45. I cant see a scenario where the 1st garage profits from fobbing you off for no reason.

Possibly, but the first garage didn't even offer to book me in again, they seemed to want me out as quick as possible. Also, it was working when I took it in, not working when I left, on the receipt I have an advisory that there is a leak. I would have thought if they were professional, they would have informed me it no longer worked and offered to get me back in asap.

I was there when F1 diagnosed the problem, they showed me the UV light test and said the machine would stop if there was a leak. I don't see any reason for F1 to not tell me the truth, I'd already enquired about the cost and time of fixing the system if there was a problem, if they wanted to rip me off, they could have told me it was broken and charged me to fix it. Why take my £39 and lose out on a lot more in a few weeks if they did re-gas a leaking system?