Currys knowhow laptop

petethemanc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OP are you on monthly cover or 5 year cover. have you ever claimed before? if so, what were they.

Monthly cover, and never claimed on it. Regarding screen bent back, no, but where the hinges have come out there are wires showing......it is unsafe.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Monthly cover, and never claimed on it. Regarding screen bent back, no, but where the hinges have come out there are wires showing......it is unsafe.

ok, what did you report to them when you rung up.

do you have any thing else covered with currys, have you ever claimed against them

whats your 'spending' like with them?

able to take a pic?

ok, what did you report to them when you rung up.

do you have any thing else covered with currys, have you ever claimed against them

whats your 'spending' like with them?

able to take a pic?

I have three items with the same plan, generally i buy about 3-4 items a year from them (or did until now) and ive claimed on one laptop 8 years ago where the fan stopped working and it overheated (fan was at the bottom of the laptop beleive it or not) ill take some pictures when i finish and put them on here.

Sorry for the delay, ok, now I am fuming. I arrived home today and can't believe the state of my laptop, the hinges were damaged, but now it's been returned I can see the hinges are far worse than when it left. The driver never put the laptop in any box, it was just put in the back of a van.......I'm fumming!!! I'll put some pictures up.

What... the....

Do you have images of before you sent it for repairs?

I didnt take any specifically as i didnt think i had any reason to. Stupid yes i know, but i genuinely had no reason to believe otherwise. Do i still follow through with my appeal and forward a letter of complaint with this?

I would carry on with your complaint. Did the store bubble wrap it ready for collection, if they returned it that way, seems likely it was sent off without any protection.

I didnt take any specifically as i didnt think i had any reason to. Stupid yes i know, but i genuinely had no reason to believe otherwise. Do i still follow through with my appeal and forward a letter of complaint with this?

I would carry on with your complaint. Did the store bubble wrap it ready for collection, if they returned it that way, seems likely it was sent off without any protection.

It was definitely not bubble wrapped, it was just in his hands with the power pack. And it was taken in the same manner.

laptops going to newark repair centre arent bubble wrapped as the firm's couriers bring foam lined plastic tote boxes to transport them in.

any damage is noted on the outgoing label which is signed by the driver and the knowhow colleague that hands it out.

dunno if thats of any help?

Wow , those images are crazy.

ok basically when you take laptop to store for collection , you sign a docket, it outlines the condition of laptop that 'you' left it, what happens after is up to the 'group' whether itts damage by 'transport' or 'instore' = not your problem, can you scan a copy of this docket? (obvs hide your personal details)

btw have you had the customer action team come back to you?

No reply yet, the letter was sent four days ago. I'll be ringing them to let them know that I'm not happy with how it was transported (no foam lined box either)

Wow , those images are crazy.

ok basically when you take laptop to store for collection , you sign a docket, it outlines the condition of laptop that 'you' left it, what happens after is up to the 'group' whether itts damage by 'transport' or 'instore' = not your problem, can you scan a copy of this docket? (obvs hide your personal details)

btw have you had the customer action team come back to you?

How do you know what it was transported like, where you there when it was collected by the driver? Do you work for them also?

If handed over an intact laptop, and it came back smashed to bits, do you think it was packaged with pillows?

There was zero protection from damage when the laptop was returned to the OP, that's pretty staggering, the OP has reasonable expectations that in transit the laptop would be protected from damage. We don't know 100% but it's a fair assumption that it was sent away without any reasonable care being taken.

How do you know what it was transported like, where you there when it was collected by the driver? Do you work for them also?

That's been covered.

It wasn't handed over intact the op has already said it was damaged, now he is saying it's more damaged? What's the odds?

There was zero protection from damage when the laptop was returned to the OP, that's pretty staggering, the OP has reasonable expectations that in transit the laptop would be protected from damage. We don't know 100% but it's a fair assumption that it was sent away without any reasonable care being taken.

Hold up, how do you know there was zero protection when it was being taken back and forth? There would be no protection when being handed back as it was likely just sat behind the counter, until being given back so didn't need any protection. A lot of assumptions here.

If product is being sent off for repair, you would expect it to be protected from any potential damage, when it is returned to the customer, I'd expect it to be again protacted in transit from any potential damage.

These are reasonable assumptions to make. The store will have a store manual, procedures in place to send off customer repairs, those procedures need to be followed, they aren't being followed.

Hold up, how do you know there was zero protection when it was being taken back and forth? There would be no protection when being handed back as it was likely just sat behind the counter, until being given back so didn't need any protection. A lot of assumptions here.

procedure for laptop is: they get handed over and booked into eclipse and a pickup/return date created, they go into a clear plastic box until they are collected by drivers. drivers bring black plastic foam lined boxes that are sealed with cable ties and current damage noted and signed off by the driver and store colleague.

on return they are taken out of the same foam lined boxes and are generally sent back from newark in a bubble wrap or a knowhow branded thin foam packing bag whilst in the foam lined boxes the drivers carry.

they are returned to the clear plastic boxes and booked back into the store and the customer contacted.

it sits in the box on the shelf til the customer collects

It's not great.

'Sorry for the delay, ok, now I am fuming. I arrived home today and can't believe the state of my laptop, the hinges were damaged, but now it's been returned I can see the hinges are far worse than when it left. The driver never put the laptop in any box, it was just put in the back of a van.......I'm fumming!!! I'll put some pictures up.'

procedure for laptop is: they get handed over and booked into eclipse and a pickup/return date created, they go into a clear plastic box until they are collected by drivers. drivers bring black plastic foam lined boxes that are sealed with cable ties and current damage noted and signed off by the driver and store colleague.

on return they are taken out of the same foam lined boxes and are generally sent back from newark in a bubble wrap or a knowhow branded thin foam packing bag whilst in the foam lined boxes the drivers carry.

they are returned to the clear plastic boxes and booked back into the store and the customer contacted.

it sits in the box on the shelf til the customer collects

ok personal opinion as a computer repairer here sorry if you dont like it

first image from the side - no issues with this, fan grill is gone - thats fairly common they arnt that strong, its is unusual for it all to be gone but like i say its weak

case has been forced open - again if the screw lugs holding the hinge in place break then the hinge forces upwards breaking open the case - also common if a screw pulls loose

you can see this in that the metal of hinge actually holding the side up in the picture

second picture

slightly more unusual

the strip over the keyboard retaining screws is completely missing

the plastic over the hinges (long strip on these satellites) is missing, this is built into the bezel and doesnt usually come off, it also shouldnt have been affected by where the hinge broke

near the media buttons there is what looks like a broken peice of plastic, i cant tell if it is a reflection or not but where it would be reflected the bezel plastic isnt broken

there is also a dent in the keyboard between the f5 and f6 key again unusual and unlikely to be caused by hinge damage

my very personal opinion is that damage in transit is unlikely - to be damaged this way it would have to had been open, this is shown by the fact that the base is damaged where the screen is not, if it was closed they would both be bent in the same direction

what my suggestion would be is to talk to pcworld if they have refused to repair i bet there is a report on it somewhere, as its got your data on maybe a data protection request?

ask them about the protection the laptop would have in transport, they might be able to give you more info, just because it is stored in a store in one way doesnt mean its transported in that way

my suggestion to the site team is that we had a really good site rep for pcworld a while ago, why dont you email the CEO ask if there is still a "social media team" and ask if a rep can be re-assigned even if they just browse once a day?

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

It's not great.

'Sorry for the delay, ok, now I am fuming. I arrived home today and can't believe the state of my laptop, the hinges were damaged, but now it's been returned I can see the hinges are far worse than when it left. The driver never put the laptop in any box, it was just put in the back of a van.......I'm fumming!!! I'll put some pictures up.'

From what I can see quoted here, the op wouldn't know how the driver collected the unit, as he would not have been there when it was collected so would have no clue as to how it was transported.

Assumptions are being made

The way it was returned to the OP is as important, it was returned with 'zero' protection, sounds like the company taking shortcuts.

From what I can see quoted here, the op wouldn't know how the driver collected the unit, as he would not have been there when it was collected so would have no clue as to how it was transported.

Assumptions are being made