MMF Possible Fraud ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

(Will try to keep this as short as possible)

I defaulted on a pay day loan, Gothia bought the debt and put a default on my credit report. Then these cowboys bought it....

This past year ive had the same problems as the rest of you with the constant threat o grams and daily phone calls all which I have dealt with in writing.

However as the debt has become statue barred this is where things have become more interesting / frustrating.

In June one month before the debt became statute barred MMF put another default on my credit report.

While Equaifax did remove the default from my credit report when I asked them too,

MMF still continued to harass me after the statute barred date on a daily basis,

claiming that the statue barred date date wasn't until the end of August,

despite them putting it on my credit report as July.

I again challenged them on this in writing and

in September received a letter from them stating that this debt was statue barred and they would no longer be chasing me for it.

Now the interesting part the same week it became statue barred I received a letter from them with another letter attached from Pounds to Payday claiming that a loan I defaulted on with pounds till pay day was now being passed to them.

I am certain they have fabricated this letter in order to try and continue to collect the debt (which is now statue barred).

Firstly being that I have never taken a loan with Pounds to Pay Day and secondly both the amounts owed are similar. £317 and now £318.

I have complained to the OFT five times now and nothing,

has any one else had a similar issue with them after a debt has become statute barred ?

simply ignore them

you did the worst thing by keeping up the letter tennis

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

is this the euro debt one of your other thread?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would not ignore them. Get a very strongly worded complaint to their MD and copy in fca and fos.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

NB OFT does not exist anymore. As above, FOS and FCA

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.