underwriting sheet with false statement, please help

nav110
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Im looking for some help and advice.

I have had issues with my sub-prime mortgage and was fortunate to stumble upon the underwriting sheet for my re-mortgage after a DSAR request.

On inspection it has come to light their are a couple of discrepancies from the information that was provided to the broker

and that which is contained in the underwriting sheet.

For example,

1- my outgoings were stated as £420 even when outgoings in loan application were stated to be much higher.

Just my mortgage payments at the time were £650.

2- I requested £120k in my application but was offered £134.

The later figure was used during the underwriting process and was subsequently given more then originally requested.

I am not aware of the underwriting process so not completely sure how i should deal with this. Can this be considered a case of fraud?

name names please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i rather not give any names until i have all the facts and gain a clear understanding.

What i am looking for is information regarding the underwriting process, the rules and regs that govern it and implication of incorrect underwriting on the mortgage.

Have a look on the FCA website - it might be worth a telephone call to them and ask if there are rules which are available for you to have a look at.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

There are benefits to giving names btw. 1) You are annomoynous so there is nothing to trace the comment to you. (Ask Site team to help change your name if you think it can be traced back to you)

Secondly by naming names (Company) others who have been through the same thing may have useful information to add

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

the name is not so important at the mo, will be revealed in due course.

Looking at the check list and the KFI sheets which the agent passed onto the underwriters all the info seems ok apart from the loan amount which was £134K.

In the check list it states outgoing as £900 but within the underwriting sheet it is £420. From my conclusion both the agent and underwriters have both manipulated the process,

agent- requesting higher figure

underwriter- lessened outgoing figure.

does any1 have any experience or thoughts, unsure how to proceed, pls help guys