Stemologica have taken lots from my credit card

spotbot1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well bazooka Boo here's another Mug who got caught and wants to add to the complaint.

Saw Stemologica & Beautemer and thought a nice tester for my Wife.

Foolishly thinking i was only paying for a trial sample,

bingo 2 x £97.95 goes out of my bank 14 days after I order the trial.

I've contacted them & keep getting scripted replies,

I revisited the sites & it's hard to spot the 14 day trial bit,

very hard & it's well down the T&C's on the site, the T&C's are convoluted & confusing,

they're saying the trial starts from the minute you order but in T&C it reads from the

date you receive it, also there's a 30 full refund if returned,

which I have done in the time period but and here's the killer,

only if the product is returned in the condition it was sent,

i.e. unopened or used, how can you trial a product without using it?

I've disputed the payments with my credit card company and ensured no more is taken.

I'm not letting £200 go,

any help/advice about refunds or trading standards etc.

Well the bank MUST refund you the full amount, use the visa debit charge back, and inform your bank that you now want a new card ASAP.

Report the company to trading standards/action fraud, the only email you need send this outfit now is one informing them that you no longer

want their rubbish, if they send you anything further you reserve the right to dispose of it as you see fit.

Your not the first, and no doubt you won't be the last, you need to get the bank to refund you, and this can be done immediately.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

thanks BB, I paid with Cap 1 credit card & have stopped all further payments and put the 2 payments into dispute straight away, I've also returned by 1st class post the offending items & I've informed them I shall be informing the trading standards & police, they say on one hand 30 days full refund but on other 14 days starts from initial order & item must NOT be used at all to get refund.

p.s. Tried to report on Action Fraud site but keeps getting to near end & sending me back to start.

Edited by spotbot1

own thread created

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Cheers DX... :thumb:

Ignore Stem&B, £30 part refund my backside...

Demand Cr@p1 give you a FULL REFUND and immediately..

Forget returning the items, if you've done so already no worries, completely ignore them from now on, if they continue sending further items, bin them, use them, whatever you want.

Complain to TS and I can only guess that the AF website is having gremlins???

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Cheers DX... :thumb:

Ignore Stem&B, £30 part refund my backside...

Demand Cr@p1 give you a FULL REFUND and immediately..

Forget returning the items, if you've done so already no worries, completely ignore them from now on, if they continue sending further items, bin them, use them, whatever you want.

Complain to TS and I can only guess that the AF website is having gremlins???

Cheers BB, Capital 1 have refunded ALL monies at moment, no more product coming as cancelled with ALL parties. They still emailing me quoting 14 days/30 days, must say I checked & returned item 2 days late but had already emailed them by then. So at moment I have back my £200, will keep you updated & try websites for TS & AF again.

Cheers.

Excellent, as long as you have been fully reimbursed then ignore these clowns entirely, there is nothing they can do.

Just file the emails in your junk folder, they'll soon give up.

• 2 weeks later...

I have also been caught out with this [problem]. What a shock I got 2 weeks later to find out nearly £200 has been taken from my account. I have emailed them but to date had no response. When you google the product all the positives of the product are there. It took me a few attempts to find others have been duped too. Feel such an idiot.

• Haha 1

How did you pay?

Bank/credit card?

Ring the bank and demand a FULL immediate refund using the visa debit chargeback .

Then demand a new card and that ANY further payments to this outfit (CPA payments which may have been set up) are NOY authorised, ensure if you do this over the phone that you get the name of the person you spoke to, lodge a fprmal complaint with your local Trading Standards, and try and lodge a complaint with action fraud also.

P.S. Welcome to CAG :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...
ensure if you do this over the phone that you get the name of the person you spoke to,....

Also insist on a reference number for the verbal complaint.

It is also a very good idea to insist that the person you are speaking to reads back to you the screen note that they have made.

These telephone people are often pretty lazy and make a minimal note that doesn't reflect what has happened.

Although they are not happy at being challenged, insist that they read over the screen note to you

and if it is incorrect or it does not properly reflect the issues – then tell them so and insist on dictating the screen note to them.

Once you have dictated it to them, get them to read over to to make sure that they have got it correctly and that there is no funny business.

It's a shame that one has to go to these lengths, but it is all about protecting your rear end.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I didn't even agree to a trial period with this company. I filled out a questionaire that promised a small gift (I should have known) for participating. After picking out my gift I gave my ATM card info ONLY to pay for the shipping. First, there was a $5.95 charge and then a $149.99 charge not long after I received a box of broken jars in the mail. - Before I noticed the $149.99 charge, I tried to get the jars replaced, which of course, they did not.

Not only have they used my card without my persmission, but they gave the numbers to another company which charged me $159.99 for NOTHING.

I contacted my bank and they replaced the money, but it isn't good enough. Ripoff artists like these are counting on the banks fitting the bill. That way, maybe no one will get too angry and come looking for them. Well, I'm ****ed and I want these people in jail.

From the description on my bank statement, I found a phone number that worked for me once. I spoke to a guy named "Nigel." I don't know if he disconnected the number immediately after I told him what I thought of him, or later that day. Here's the number anyway... (212)276-6640

They've hit my bank for over $500.00 I can't even imagine how much they have stolen altogether...

I didn't even agree to a trial period with this company. I filled out a questionaire that promised a small gift (I should have known) for participating. After picking out my gift I gave my ATM card info ONLY to pay for the shipping. First, there was a $5.95 charge and then a $149.99 charge not long after I received a box of broken jars in the mail. - Before I noticed the $149.99 charge, I tried to get the jars replaced, which of course, they did not.

Not only have they used my card without my persmission, but they gave the numbers to another company which charged me $159.99 for NOTHING.

I contacted my bank and they replaced the money, but it isn't good enough. Ripoff artists like these are counting on the banks fitting the bill. That way, maybe no one will get too angry and come looking for them. Well, I'm ****ed and I want these people in jail.

From the description on my bank statement, I found a phone number that worked for me once. I spoke to a guy named "Nigel." I don't know if he disconnected the number immediately after I told him what I thought of him, or later that day. Here's the number anyway... (212)276-6640

They've hit my bank for over $500.00 I can't even imagine how much they have stolen altogether...

you need to start a new thread

of your own

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you need to start a new thread

of your own

dx

And then follow all of the advice above on this thread.

The monies mentioned would seem to indicate that the poster is in America, and the phone number would appear to confirm that. With that in mind, I'd suggest contacting a federal agency (FBI fraud dept. maybe ?) and/or one of the many no-win, no-fee lawyers that seem to litter every town over there.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks