Knowledge is power

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay i just wanted to share a little success i have had in the last few weeks.

I have had my credit card(opened 2006) in dispute with lloyds banking group for the past 18 months stopped paying 12 months ago due to the fact they could not provide me with a signed valid credit agreement.

So last month i decided that i would ask if they would consider a full and final settlement for the debt as the account is still in dispute and that i wanted to put an end to this account once and for all. They sent me back saying only willing to accept 90% of the debt (£1980).

So i left this and i decided to persue the fact the bank did not have a valid signed credit agreement, so i filled in their on-line complaints form and within 48 hours i get a phone call addressing the issues. The first thing the lady did for me was refund me £395 of unfair charges for when i informed them that i was in financial difficulty. The lady told me that the debt was in the process of being sold and the new company would write to me.

Today out of the blue this same lady phoned me and informed me the debt would not be sold on(she never said it but she eluded to the fact we have no signed agreement) instead they have written the debt off and that they would send me a letter to confirm this within 5 working days and also she send me £60 compensation for the hassle. The amount will still show on my credit file but the bank or any other parties will not persue the debt.

Success in removing a default...

So after many searches on search engines about defaults on your credit file i came across a site that had a story about a man having his default removed because his lender could not provide the paperwork that they sent when issuing a default the strategy is really detailed and has had a lot of success.

So my default for this particular account was for a bank account that went to a default because of it being £35 in un arranged overdraft and you can imagine the charges the bank whacked on. Any way so i sent the letter that was suggested back 3 weeks ago and on Friday i had a phone call from this bank and they informed me that the information that i requested could not be found in the archive and therefore the default will be removed and all negative markers from 2011 will be removed aswell.

I have decided to share my story because i have seen so many posts where it is really black and white but my advice to anyone is read read read, knowledge is power. People may see this as avoiding the debt i owe and that is a normal opinion but the banks have a duty to follow the law and if they fail to keep the appropriate records/forms then we have the right to challenge the terms and conditions and the legality of any credit agreement.

Thanks for reading

that's good

be nice to see the letter when you get it as proof.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...