CU30 twice for same offence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3571 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm after a bit of help again.

In November 2010 I was convicted of Dangerous driving and also for 2 tyres

On my Licence it shows 1x DD40 and 2x CU30 (Using a vehicle with defective tyres)

I read somewhere that you only get fined once of a CU30 and therefore if you had 1 or more tyres below the legal limits you would only get one fine,

So if this is the case should I have 2 CU30's on my licence?

If not what do I do? I know I can have them removed from my licence after 4 years but need to inform my insurance for 5 years, if I only have one CU30 on my licence it should make my insurance cheaper.

Thanks for your help.

It's per tyre upto a maximum of 3, as you can only give a maximum of 3 FPN's to a driver (less if 1 or more would take them to 12 points).

DD40 is endorsable with from 3 to 11 points. How many points did you get for it?

CU30 (presuming you got 5 or less points for the DD40) x2 adds a further 6 points, taking you to between 9 & 11 points.

For instance, if you had (starting with a clean licence) 4 defective tyres, you'd be reported and summonsed to court. But if you had three, whilst the option for summons is still there, 3 FPN's could be issued instead, giving you 9 points plus the FPN fine x3.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Well, I'm surprised that you didn't get points, but yes, it's correct that it's on there twice. The two tyres would've been treated as separate offences.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Dangerous driving carries an obligatory one year ban. It would only attract points if for some exceptional reason the ban were not imposed, in which case the court would have the option of imposing 3-11 points instead.

The two types are indeed separate offences, but would not generally have got you points as well if committed at the same time as the dangerous driving, especially if the dangerous driving charge related primarily to the condition of the vehicle.

Regardless of the number of points though it's still a matter of fact that you were convicted of three offences, so you have to tell your insurer about them all if they ask.