NatWest Default

CoopMan2014
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Decided to register with the forum as i noticed something peculiar when having a look atr my credit rating online this evening.

A year or so ago my NatWest bank account went into default (apologies if I use phrases out of turn, I'm no expert).

Checking over my credit report this evening I noticed that I could see the balance of my bank accounts, my other accounts are correct but I noticed something strange with the NatWest one. Under balance, it reads £460.

What exactly does this mean? I'm not aware of any money going into the account, I moved home and even though I notified them of my address change, I've had no correspondence from them.

Next to the account it says in big read letters 'Default', with it being a credit rating website, the information I could get regarding it is limited. I've not used the bank or even thought about it for the past year and in all honesty, I've forgotten most of my account information from NWB.

Could anybody shed any light on this? Does the account have a balance of £460 or is it just wishful thinking?

Thanks all,

C.

Hi all,

Decided to register with the forum as i noticed something peculiar when having a look atr my credit rating online this evening.

A year or so ago my NatWest bank account went into default (apologies if I use phrases out of turn, I'm no expert).

Checking over my credit report this evening I noticed that I could see the balance of my bank accounts, my other accounts are correct but I noticed something strange with the NatWest one. Under balance, it reads £460.

What exactly does this mean? I'm not aware of any money going into the account, I moved home and even though I notified them of my address change, I've had no correspondence from them.

Next to the account it says in big read letters 'Default', with it being a credit rating website, the information I could get regarding it is limited. I've not used the bank or even thought about it for the past year and in all honesty, I've forgotten most of my account information from NWB.

Could anybody shed any light on this? Does the account have a balance of £460 or is it just wishful thinking?

Thanks all,

C.

Having a balance indicates you owe them unfortunately and they have defaulted you

Send an SAR to Nastywest. There is a template in the library section on here. Send by Royal Mail signed for service and with a £10.00 postal order (statutory fee) They should send you back full details of all the information they have for you, including any account balances and, hopefully, how the balance is made up. Is the CRA site Noddle (a free CRA source)? If so, you should be able to see the historic reported balances for the account and how the balances are made up. Good Luck. t